• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baby Luger in .380

Yea I have one of them in 22 I don't know if that one is,but most of mine is made of that pot metal.

The Liberty SD rounds I use in the .38 Special have the same ballistics as .380; 50gr/1500fps/250ft-lbs....this is 20% harder hitting than Hornady .380 90gr XTP/ 1000fps/ 200ft-lbs and less recoil

t

Last edited:
A pistol on my short list is a James Bond C/R Walther PPk/s, blued, in .380 as my ‘39 PPk in .32 is very comfortable. I’d like to test drive one of those....anywhere from $800-$1800 on GunBroker

t

From my understanding BOND could not have had a TPH because the TPH was not made until 1968.As for the Beretta at the beginning of the movie he had a 1934 in 380,then it goes to the model 418 in 25acp.He is given a PP not a PPK in the movie,but latter it's a PPK.The guns in the movies were not made by Walther,but were French Manhurin.In one of the movies that he was using a silencer the gun was a 1910 FN,and no a PPK.The most important part of the BOND films is he never did get a chance to tap Ms. Moneypenny.

"Baby Luger" is a term also used by custom gun maker John Martz. He specializes in cutting down P.08's and P.38's to subcompact size. I don't really understand why there would be any market for such a thing, and I've never seen one in person but apparently they are very well done custom guns.

martz baby luger.jpg

martz p38.jpg

I have seen his work a cut down p38 the guy is a master.When I get some extra money I want to get the luger carbine he makes.He also made a copy of the trail run of the luger 45acp.

There's also Eugene AKA LugerMan, who makes 45 ACP Lugers (and 10mm, etc.):
Luger 45 | LugerMan

Prices range from about $9,000 to $14,000.
Here's a carbine:

J201098-600x627.jpg

There's also Eugene AKA LugerMan, who makes 45 ACP Lugers (and 10mm, etc.):
Luger 45 | LugerMan

Prices range from about $9,000 to $14,000.
Here's a carbine:

J201098-600x627.jpg

I dealt with Eugene when I was restoring my 1917 P.08. I bought some parts from him and it took FOREVER to get them. I hadn't searched his reviews before sending him my money. If I had, I would have instead gone with another well-known Luger'smith (who's name I can't remember but I could easily find it). If you look up "lugerman" reviews there's lots of people who've had to file fraud reports against him after sending him money and receiving no items, no correspondence... nothing, for months. I finally got my parts when I threatened to contact Paypal with a fraud claim.

ETA: The other Luger guy who's got a much better reputation is Gerry Tomak. I ended up buying a part from him as well and he was lightning-fast with shipping.

I dealt with Eugene when I was restoring my 1917 P.08. I bought some parts from him and it took FOREVER to get them. I hadn't searched his reviews before sending him my money. If I had, I would have instead gone with another well-known Luger'smith (who's name I can't remember but I could easily find it). If you look up "lugerman" reviews there's lots of people who've had to file fraud reports against him after sending him money and receiving no items, no correspondence... nothing, for months. I finally got my parts when I threatened to contact Paypal with a fraud claim.

ETA: The other Luger guy who's got a much better reputation is Gerry Tomak. I ended up buying a part from him as well and he was lightning-fast with shipping.
This is a good caveat; I've never dealt with any of these people; I was just aware of his existence. Thanks for providing your experience, sorry it went poorly.

This is a good caveat; I've never dealt with any of these people; I was just aware of his existence. Thanks for providing your experience, sorry it went poorly.

Eugene has a good reputation as far as the guns he builds. His customer service skills are what's lacking. He did eventually get me my parts so I never left a bad review for him.
Gerry Tomak can be found by searching "GT specialties" if you ever find yourself in need of a P.08 part, or service. I don't believe he builds guns like Eugene Golubov or John Martz but he can do anything factory on a P.08

Back
Top Bottom