Baby Stroller CCW for MA

Why bother with just a 1911? The world is a dangerous place these days!

IMG_0492-Edit-Edit.jpg

Frank

I will be having a baby and I am starting to look for ways to conceal a full size 1911 in the stroller.

please share some ideas.
Congrats. Pics when it happens please.

So to dissect your statement literally:
conceal a full size 1911 in the stroller.
You may wish to examine the legalities of "carrying" like this.
IANAL but from what I know, in MA, the handgun has to be under your "direct control". Most all examples of this relate to carrying in an automobile, where (correct me if I'm wrong) a loaded firearm in your glove box is NOT considered direct control.
So were it may be perfectly legal for you to conceal a 1911 on the top cup-holder of your stroller (legal----dumb but still potentially legal) , there may be a point at which you stop to talk, get a drink, untangle the dog....where you have momentarily left the stroller and the handgun is now out of your direct control.
So, while I'm a proponent of two M-249 SAW's mounted on the handles of your stroller, you may want to do some diligence on the legalities of concealing a weapon like this.
oh....and get Junior some good 'earpro too.

I can see a charge of "child endangerment" in .a heartbeat in MA.
A baby near a gun!!! OMG!

This is the MA liberal mainstream reaction.
The pragmatic ( I was going to say common sense but they ruined that term) reaction should only be: Do I have perfect direct control of my weapon at all times?
I don't own a 1911, do they have safeties? or does that vary?

This woman does a lot of videos on concealed carry for women: https://www.youtube.com/@SheEquipsHerself

I believe she lives around here and I think she might have also had a child recently. GOAL has featured her videos and they are very informative.
If the profile is correct, the OP is male (which makes it easier to conceal a handgun, more options).

If you were correct, and I'm certain that you aren't, she wouldn't be asking for advice about this. Stav is a very well qualified firearms instructor and her Husband is a cop and firearms instructor. She teaches this stuff. I've met her and am connected with her, her Mother, and her Sister (K-Dub for all of us old-timers) on FB.

If the profile is correct, the OP is male (which makes it easier to conceal a handgun, more options).

If you were correct, and I'm certain that you aren't, she wouldn't be asking for advice about this. Stav is a very well qualified firearms instructor and her Husband is a cop and firearms instructor. She teaches this stuff. I've met her and am connected with her, her Mother, and her Sister (K-Dub for all of us old-timers) on FB.
My reply was to the OP. I did not believe that the owner and producer of the channel was the OP. "This woman" makes no reference to the OP, but rather to the person who runs that channel.

Whether the OP is a man or woman, he/she will probably find better advice on that channel than here based on the majority of responses.

You misinterpreted my words. I also indicate that the owner of the channel is very knowledgeable and informative. At no point did I indicate anything other than that.

The woman ddeck22 is referring to is my godson's wife. I'll be seeing them for dinner tomorrow and will ask her. My first thought is that's a bad idea. Don't put it anyplace except on your person. If you put it in the stroller, you might get distracted and leave it there. I asked them both this afternoon. They both thought it was a bad idea. If the 1911 is too big to carry, get something smaller. I like the 1911 and own several but I carry a Shield in .45.

Last edited:
The answer is to hide it in plain sight. Attach a binky to the lower rail and no one will be the wiser, You’re Welcome!

Attachments

• DA981DCF-ED30-4631-AA3F-12BA7A9D76A5.jpeg
    DA981DCF-ED30-4631-AA3F-12BA7A9D76A5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom