• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baltimore activist wants to pay killers not to kill

Reptile

NES Member
BALTIMORE — A Baltimore activist believes he’s come up with a solution to solve the city’s high murder rate — paying killers not to kill, according to a reports.

“I can relate to the shooters, guess what they want? They want money,” Tyree Moorehead, the activist told FOX 45 of Baltimore.

Moorehead, who the Baltimore Sun reported spent more than a decade in prison on a second-degree murder conviction tied to a shooting at 15, suggests certain measures the city has taken to stop the bloodshed aren’t enough, FOX reported.

He has already taken other steps in an effort to curb violence in the streets of Baltimore. As of 2019, he painted nearly 200 “No Shoot Zones” throughout the city, according to WJZ-TV reporter Paul Gessler.

I’ve talked to these people, I’ve seen the shooters, it’s a small city, I know who the hustlers are,” he continued.

Baltimore has continued to experience a high rate of killings and shootings during the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2020, the city eclipsed 300 homicides for the sixth year in a row, while recording more than 1,000 shootings.

Former Baltimore Police spokesman T.J. Smith said he doesn’t believe paying criminals is the answer.

“It could make it easier for people to get their hands on guns because they now have an influx of a different level of cash,” Smith told FOX 45.

Moreover, it ignores personal values that motivate people to murder.

However, Smith noted that a new creative idea was needed to curb violence in the city and said that Moorehead’s idea “speaks to the desperation that we all have.”

BALTIMORE — A Baltimore activist believes he’s come up with a solution to solve the city’s high murder rate — paying killers not to kill, according to a reports.

“I can relate to the shooters, guess what they want? They want money,” Tyree Moorehead, the activist told FOX 45 of Baltimore.

Moorehead, who the Baltimore Sun reported spent more than a decade in prison on a second-degree murder conviction tied to a shooting at 15, suggests certain measures the city has taken to stop the bloodshed aren’t enough, FOX reported.

He has already taken other steps in an effort to curb violence in the streets of Baltimore. As of 2019, he painted nearly 200 “No Shoot Zones” throughout the city, according to WJZ-TV reporter Paul Gessler.

I’ve talked to these people, I’ve seen the shooters, it’s a small city, I know who the hustlers are,” he continued.

Baltimore has continued to experience a high rate of killings and shootings during the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2020, the city eclipsed 300 homicides for the sixth year in a row, while recording more than 1,000 shootings.

Former Baltimore Police spokesman T.J. Smith said he doesn’t believe paying criminals is the answer.

“It could make it easier for people to get their hands on guns because they now have an influx of a different level of cash,” Smith told FOX 45.

Moreover, it ignores personal values that motivate people to murder.

However, Smith noted that a new creative idea was needed to curb violence in the city and said that Moorehead’s idea “speaks to the desperation that we all have.”

Personal values are a cultural phenomenon of which some races have none.

Brilliant.

My wife was talking with a few friends who somehow got onto the topic of home invasions. The others agreed they would lock themselves in a closet and shout for the criminal to take whatever they want. After all, why would you break into a house unless you needed money? My wife told me about it and said, "I was thinking about rapists and how all these girls need a gun."

Criminals don't think like normal people. Projecting your motives onto them only leads to a rude awakening.

Maybe just maybe they should fund (pay) police, start programs to help the inner city kids with work training, education etc. The cycle the democrats have them stuck in is just a Govt hand out big enough to keep them dependent but not big enough to help them find a path out. Pretty much like all cities. I’m all for helping people with opportunity but I’m not going to walk away paying people to not rob or shoot me, it’s cheaper to remove the threat.

Problem: People shooting one another
Cause: People don't have money

you don't get to jump to the solution of "well just give them money" before looking at the cause if why they don't have money.

You really need to ask why at least three times before you get to the real problem

Brilliant.

My wife was talking with a few friends who somehow got onto the topic of home invasions. The others agreed they would lock themselves in a closet and shout for the criminal to take whatever they want. After all, why would you break into a house unless you needed money? My wife told me about it and said, "I was thinking about rapists and how all these girls need a gun."

Criminals don't think like normal people. Projecting your motives onto them only leads to a rude awakening.

Criminals aren't sane and reasonable. There's people out there that will kill for no discernable reason.

Criminals aren't sane and reasonable. There's people out there that will kill for no discernable reason.

Or their reason might be discernible but depraved: power, cruelty, opportunism. When discussing with people who project their rational/civil motives onto criminals, like suggesting all crime is economic desperation, my typical response is, "So how does that explain the criminals who tied up a man, makes him watch while they gang raped his wife, and then murdered both?" The listener usually shudders the first time they consider such depravity. If not, my next question: "So do you not believe in pedophiles? Or do you think you can barter with them, too?"

Regardless of what we tell our kids, monsters do exist. But some people tell not only their kids but themselves it ain't so. They get comfort from cuddling with a blanket while we get it from tightening our gun belts.

the damn white devil stole that from 'em too. those reparation checks can't get out too soon.
Will the "do not murder" checks and reparations checks be taxed like our Wuhan Virus checks? I hope not, that would set off riots and looting. Oh and I forgot murdering too.

This guy Moorehead is obviously a genius but I may have a much cheaper plan to motivate the murderers. If you get caught you get a bullet in the head and a ride to the nearest dumpster.

Want to fix the problem - stop teaching young women that they are awesome and strong for being a single mother and stop paying them to be single mothers.
Then start teaching all kids that a stable two, biological parent household is the foundation to wealth.
Won't help the current generations but will start reversing the decay started in the 60's

So they are saying there aren't any middle/upper class people with money who murder?
Aren't most serial killers in US white middle class men?
It's obvious here (it is Baltimore) that they want to pay young, poor, black men not to kill each other.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell was well paid and still engaged in mass murder. The state was even subsidizing him to do it.

This idiot should try going around to all the gangbangers with pocketfuls of money to start paying these shitbags and the first person he pulls a roll of bills out to pay will shoot him and take all of it lol

Brilliant.

This^

You can't pay them not to kill, these scumbags are predators, like T-Rex:

Want to fix the problem - stop teaching young women that they are awesome and strong for being a single mother and stop paying them to be single mothers.
Then start teaching all kids that a stable two, biological parent household is the foundation to wealth.
Won't help the current generations but will start reversing the decay started in the 60's
never happen, it's all OUR fault. White privilege, systemic racism, Western Civilization, male dominance, whatever excuse they can invent to deflect blame from themselves and their hateful policies and beliefs.

Oh boy, that idea is about as good as a "jump to conclusions mat."

So this guy has had 12 years to perfect his grifter rap and probably will want be the guy to white knight (as it were) his way in there with a job to distribute the funds.

Hasn't he proved that his word and reputation are not that great?

They might get better results handing out free weed. /s

never happen, it's all OUR fault. White privilege, systemic racism, Western Civilization, male dominance, whatever excuse they can invent to deflect blame from themselves and their hateful policies and beliefs.
It's all about the science until the science completely disaggrees with their agenda...

So, contract killers but they don’t kill anyone? That’s a terrible idea...what’s to stop them from killing and getting paid double for their troubles?

Actually this would work just fine. Notify all criminals to come and collect their payment and when they show up, arrest them or just shoot them. Problem solved and it didn't cost anything.
The did a similar thing in the past to catch fugitives. Send out cards telling them that they won a trip or prize and told them to go to a certain place to collect it. When they arrived they were "registered" and then asked to go in back to collect their prize where federal marshals were waiting for them.

Back
Top Bottom