• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bank robbery

I went to my bank this around 9:45 and found it wrapped up in yellow crime scene tape and a cop standing guard at the door. Come to find out it had just been robbed about 15 minutes before I got there. A shot was fired into the ceiling of the bank In the subsequent police chase a Deputy was wounded in a gun fight with the robbers. One was captured and the other is still at large.

I went there to get some cash for a trip to Cape Cod and I was carrying. I couldn't help but wonder what I would have done had I been in the bank. I really don't know. It all happened very fast.

I guess I'm glad I wasn't in the bank.

concealed means concealed.

*what if thread warning*

unless you are TRAINED to diffuse such situations, you need to lay low. don't be a cowboy (cowgirl).

i personally wouldn't make any sudden moves or anything to draw attention to myself from the bad guys or the good guys. now, i will shoot if the following conditions are MET

1. homie drops his / her guard
2. i'm in REAL fear of my life
3. i have a clean shot, not a 50 yard bench rest shot, but less than 10 yards

*of course, that's assuming there is only one bad guy.

haven't you watched Die Hard or Point Break? [rofl] j/k

Obviously when I say that im speaking of places where I can legally carry and when its a choice between carrying and saying...wellll Ill leave it in the safe today its a hassle to drag it out ...nothing will happen today. I went for a colonpscopy and upper endoscopy friday, and left my firearm at home....so no I dont carry 24/7 thats my way of saying 12hrs at work and whenever is "humanly " possible.

if they are just there to get the money and get out as fast as possible, I'd mind my own business, it's all insured. not worth the risk, and the cops will be all over the place in minutes, you don't win anything if you capture them.

A month ago my bank got knocked over 15 mon before I got there. Talked to the teller last week, guy slipped her a note, tens and twenties. Then walked out. No one else in the bank knew it was going on.

concealed means concealed.

*what if thread warning*

unless you are TRAINED to diffuse such situations, you need to lay low. don't be a cowboy (cowgirl).

i personally wouldn't make any sudden moves or anything to draw attention to myself from the bad guys or the good guys. now, i will shoot if the following conditions are MET

1. homie drops his / her guard
2. i'm in REAL fear of my life
3. i have a clean shot, not a 50 yard bench rest shot, but less than 10 yards

*of course, that's assuming there is only one bad guy.

haven't you watched Die Hard or Point Break? [rofl] j/k

Good advice.

If it's not your money and nobody is getting hurt. Let them take the cash. Keep it in the holster.

You said it brother! If there is only money changing hands, and it isn't even your money, why roll those dice. What if there is an accomplice? What if your gun jams? What if you miss? What if you miss and hit a bystander? What if you get the drop on the guy, and some swat shooter sees you holding a gun on someone and takes you out?

I would look meek and mild, avert my gaze, but keep well aware of what is going on. Try to keep calm. If it looked like I was about to get shot, then it would be action stations.

Last edited:
Banks have a policy where the teller is told to hand over the money without any fuss and do whatever the bank robber wants so he will leave without any trouble.
The last thing that they want is gunfire within the building.

You said it brother! If there is only money changing hands, and it isn't even your money, why roll those dice. What if there is an accomplice? What if your gun jams? What if you miss? What if you miss and hit a bystander? What if you get the drop on the guy, and some swat shooter sees you holding a gun on someone and takes you out?

I would look meek and mild, avert my gaze, but keep well aware of what is going on. Try to keep calm. If it looked like I was about to get shot, then it would be action stations.

This!

In a typical bank robbery it will be over by the time you figure out what's going on, even if you are alert. 99% of them don't even involve guns or weapons, just some guy/lady with a note. The whole exchange happens pretty quietly, usually... most people won't know the bank was robbed until after the perp leaves.

Barring extraneous circumstances (like a guy taking hostages, etc) this is one of the few cases where I would say that doing nothing except being a good witness is probably going to be the best course of action.

Convenience/Liquor store robberies are FAR, far more dangerous, because the perpetrators are typically far more desperate, and are crazy enough to hold up a clerk with a gun or knife for what might be a couple hundred bucks at the most. (sometimes much less than that depending on when the last time the clerk dropped cash... )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom