• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BARRE, VT GUN SHOW FEBRUARY 3 & 4, 2018

This is a great show. Now, it's quite a hike, particularly if you are from MA. The trip is about 2 1/2 hours from Keene, NH to give you a frame of reference. I can tell you that, in the past, this has been a good show to see some different vendors, and there are a couple local shops worth hitting as well.

Attachments

• BARRE VT SHOW.jpg
    BARRE VT SHOW.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 29
Concur. I went a few years ago and saw all sorts of unfamiliar vendors with different inventory than the MA/NH show dealers.. They tuck the tables in every nook and cranny so you have to be thorough to find them all. However, even spread out like that it was still packed.

Be sure to smear some Mentholatum under your nose, though. Some of the woodchucks who turn up haven't been out of the cabin since before Christmas.

Is this the gun show in VT where there is also a gun show in NH across the river?

No. That is the show in White River Junction, out on RT 14. The Diprete Show was typically in West Lebanon,NH. The VT promotion owner got sick recently, and the future of the Southern VT shows seems to be in question. The Barre Show is a once a year deal. Barre is a hike up RT 89N, but I talked with one vendor in Manchester on Saturday, and he said that he sat on a waiting list for 3 years till he could get a spot for Barre. He's from Central MA, mind you. I have missed the Barre show the last couple years; going to go on Saturday this year, however.

Anyone go to this show?

Yes. As planned, I headed out early and was up there from my house in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Parking lot was full, so I had to park in town, short walk up a very steep hill. 2 lines, but they went quick because there are 2 cashier booths in the place. Upstairs and downstairs full of vendors; only one or two shitty Chinese knife tables, one jerky table. Rest of the venue devoted to guns and sporting related items, to include an interesting food plot display, and a couple of wildlife/outdoor artists. Most gun and ammo prices were still high,(I am a cheap bastard), but still lots of tables to root around in. Scored a nice pile of brass and reloading tools CHEAP. Stayed about 3 1/2 hours, then hit a couple local shops on the way back down. For me, a worthwhile venture, and it was nice not to see the same goddamn sour pusses selling the same over priced shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom