• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Barre, VT Gun Show

Haven’t seen this mentioned here, yet. February 5th & 6th, 2022. I’m not part of it. I believe $10 admission. 2 floors. It has always been a great show.
I stopped going to gun shows years ago for the same reasons that many here always mention. Too much non-gun stuff and crazy prices on the few actual guns.
But I've never been to the one in Barre and I have fond memories of working up there many years ago, so I think a road trip is in order.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Must be a great show......3 reviews in 6 years.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The gun show proprietors would make more money in any winter month trucking fresh vegetables into the town.;)

This show, pre-Covid, was so packed you could hardly see stuff. It’s a good show. But being that it is in Vermont, where there is nothing to do, EVER, it gets packed.

This show, pre-Covid, was so packed you could hardly see stuff. It’s a good show. But being that it is in Vermont, where there is nothing to do, EVER, it gets packed.

I went once. Lots of gun related stuff and many vendors you didn't see at the NH & MA shows (though many of them were there). Unfortunately lots of the attendees hadn't bathed or left their cabins since Christmas!

I stopped going to gun shows years ago for the same reasons that many here always mention. Too much non-gun stuff and crazy prices on the few actual guns.
But I've never been to the one in Barre and I have fond memories of working up there many years ago, so I think a road trip is in order.
Thanks for the heads-up.
I went once. Lots of gun related stuff and many vendors you didn't see at the NH & MA shows (though many of them were there). Unfortunately lots of the attendees hadn't bathed or left their cabins since Christmas!
Although I've generally stopped attending gun shows for many of the reasons stated, this one is a pretty good show. It may not be worth driving a long distance for and I'm not sure whether there will be a 'COVID impact'. If you are somewhat close by, it isn't a waste of time. A couple years back, there were substantial lines at some of the tables. I specifically recall Parros had a good chunk of the downstairs and had long lines. They were moving a lot of stuff.

Went once just before covid lockdown. On a whim the girlfriend and I bought raffle tickets for a CMP rifle.

As far as I can tell VT has no reporting law for raffle pulls, the kid's shooting program that was sponsoring the raffle's website and social media are defunct, and as far as I can tell no drawing was ever pulled. Hopefully the money went to where it was supposed to, probably will never try a raffle again, between this and the guy that frequents the MA events with the AUG who stated "oh that, I have no pull date for that, it's just an attention grabber" I'm just not into trusting those things anymore.

Back
Top Bottom