• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass Pro Ammo Availability

Foxboro is stacked with all centerfire ammo types. Here's a pic of the end aisle, there's more in the middle aisle. There is also no limit on 22 ammo anymore I cleaned out the CCI blazers, sorry guys.
image.jpg

For those that missed out. Dicks Brockton said last night had a ton of them. $106 out door
234d03aefac8bfdc70ec14e2fbb2c5f2.jpg

sent wth crapatalk please pardon any autosubjects

Bass Pro Had Some CCI MiniMags last night around 9:30pm. 100 rnds for $8.99 (about 10 boxes left) they also had Federal AutoMatch 325 rnd boxes for $20. Not many left last night around 8:30pm. No limit.

I just had a crazy dream that BP Foxboro brought out a bunch of 22lr in various brands and there was no limit thus ending the 2+ year old shortage. I don't know where these dreams come from but sometimes they come true... [devil]

I went around 2 yesterday. 25 small thunderbolt boxes (passed) 2 stingers which I grabbed. I was browsing powder turned around varget it was on bottom way on left. Then as I was seeing what else was there the guy next to me as soon as he saw what i "found" starts grabbing all 5lbs. I asked if I could grab one and he was cool enough to share. Should have threw it directly in my basket before browsing others but didn't think he was going to clean it out.

I went around 2 yesterday. 25 small thunderbolt boxes (passed) 2 stingers which I grabbed. I was browsing powder turned around varget it was on bottom way on left. Then as I was seeing what else was there the guy next to me as soon as he saw what i "found" starts grabbing all 5lbs. I asked if I could grab one and he was cool enough to share. Should have threw it directly in my basket before browsing others but didn't think he was going to clean it out.

What is varget going for @ BP?

Well if you have friends and family in NH like I do, might be worth checking out.
In my opinion we should be boycotting BassPro. There is no law against shipping ammunition or ammunition components to MA however most retailers refuse to do so. The only justification that they can possibly have is that the MA AG has stated that ammunition can only be sold by a retailer that has a license to sell ammunition with a retail location located in MA. Regardless of whether the AG has the legal authority to make that statement the fact is that BassPro has such a licensed facility in Foxboro MA and could mail ammunition to us if they chose to do so.

THey choose not to.

Personally. I think 22 is very close to becoming readily available but prices will stay high. We've proved that we will pay more than they used to charge.
In the past when I wanted to seal a deal for a gun or something else I would toss in some 22. Now buyers tell me they don't need it meaning that the major hoarding may be over.
Just my opinion from what I'm seeing and have no inside information.

In my opinion we should be boycotting BassPro. There is no law against shipping ammunition or ammunition components to MA however most retailers refuse to do so. The only justification that they can possibly have is that the MA AG has stated that ammunition can only be sold by a retailer that has a license to sell ammunition with a retail location located in MA. Regardless of whether the AG has the legal authority to make that statement the fact is that BassPro has such a licensed facility in Foxboro MA and could mail ammunition to us if they chose to do so.

THey choose not to.

Get angry at the AG not BP. If I were an ammo retailer I wouldn't bother either just like most gun manufacturers don't bother. Business people avoid headaches and possible legal action whenever possible and at the end of the day they just don't need our sales. They can sell all they want with no hassle at other locations in free states. During the shortage BP held their prices rather than bumping them up like Dicks so I give them credit for that.

THey choose not to.

Several bigger companies do this, not just BassPro. Primarily for the states that require a license for purchase. Several of those sites will ship to FFLs though. I imagine this is a logistical issue. 100s of FFLs or 10,000s of licenses for individuals?. I think they'd rather manage the 100s of FFLs they have on file instead.

Several bigger companies do this, not just BassPro. Primarily for the states that require a license for purchase. Several of those sites will ship to FFLs though. I imagine this is a logistical issue. 100s of FFLs or 10,000s of licenses for individuals?. I think they'd rather manage the 100s of FFLs they have on file instead.
We should boycott them all. It's got nothing to do with individual licenses required for purchase. I dont need a license to buy a box of 115gr 9mm projectiles.

Most will not ship to MA, NY, HI, MD, DC and they will tell you that "your state or local laws prohibit it".

P.S. Why would an FFL accept shipments of bullets?

If anyone goes to BP this week could you see if they have any 454 Casull ammo?

Funny you mention that. I'm picking up a Ruger Alaskan 454 Monday or Tuesday and need ammo until I collect enough shells to reload them. Unfortunately, I've been to BP many times and have never seen any 454 Casull. They have the most stock I've seen in a long time though so it's possible. I'll call someone I know there and ask tomorrow.

Funny you mention that. I'm picking up a Ruger Alaskan 454 Monday or Tuesday and need ammo until I collect enough shells to reload them. Unfortunately, I've been to BP many times and have never seen any 454 Casull. They have the most stock I've seen in a long time though so it's possible. I'll call someone I know there and ask tomorrow.

http://www.chestnutridge.com/products/brass.asp 454 casull brass $32/100

Thanks. Seeing as how you don't generally see 454 lying around the ground at the range i probably will have to buy some. I do want a few factory rounds to use as benchmark for my reloads though. I have a box of reloads I traded for a while back hoping that I would some day buy one of these. They are professionally reloaded not garage mad scientist reloaded.

I'm sure if you establish a relationship with a FFL they'd be willing to do you a favor and accept a shipment of ammo for you.

Anywho, we're starting to derail the thread.
Agreed we have derailed this thread... but I need to answer you ... PLEASE READ the post.. I said BULLETS for reloading ... not AMMUNITION. I even used the word PROJECTILES for those who do not understand difference between bullets and ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom