• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass Pro/ Cabelas

union

NES Member
Anyone been to either within the last week? I haven't been to either since this whole covid thing started last year. I have a few gift cards starting to burn holes in my pockets so I'm looking to use them. I'm looking to get possibly a .22 either a Henry or Ruger or even both :) Other things would be an option too. I know ammo has been hard to come by as have certain types of guns. Just curious if anyone has seen either of these there. I'm pretty much in middle of them. Would like to not have to go to both if possible.

Cabelas in Hudson had a couple of Henrys a few weeks ago. They said they were getting more in but who knows when?

I stopped by bass pro the other day to look for target loads hoping to get lucky, they had a decent amount of long guns, didn’t really look at what was there

You can also order guns from Cabelas online and they will ship to the store (even for MA people).... If you dont feel like going in and wasting time hoping you will find that one rifle you want.

Ended up going to both. Neither had much of anything for ammo. Wasn't expecting any so I wasn't shocked. Cabelas did have a Ruger 10/22 but no Henrys. At this time I wanted the Henry more so I took my sad face and drove to Bass Pro. Bass Pro had the Henry H001Y. They had a couple of other Henrys as well. Looking at the loading port one was 17hmr and the other could have been 45-70 but not sure. Looked to have a decent selection of 22 rifles.

I ended up adopting the Henry 22 youth. I figured at the very least when my kid is old enough it's something I can start her on assuming we can still buy ammo.

Anyone buy online (pistol) Cabelas to be delivered to Bass Pro. If so How did it go?

Probably no hassle. Just like any other ship to store type order. Is there any reason you're not ordering it on the Bass Pro site-they seem to share inventories.

I've only bought one pistol from Bass Pro and that was forever ago in Bossier City. It was no big deal.

Anyone buy online (pistol) Cabelas to be delivered to Bass Pro. If so How did it go?
If you sre ordering online, avoid Bass Pro or Cabelas and send it to your local dealer. St least they will get the transfer fee and you will probably find the gun cheaper on some other website.

You can also order guns from Cabelas online and they will ship to the store (even for MA people).... If you dont feel like going in and wasting time hoping you will find that one rifle you want.
Wow I didn't know that was a thing.
If you sre ordering online, avoid Bass Pro or Cabelas and send it to your local dealer. St least they will get the transfer fee and you will probably find the gun cheaper on some other website.
Ok so I guess not the above.

Wow I didn't know that was a thing.

Ok so I guess not the above.
Correct.

I posted the first quote becuase the OP had gift cards. In that case, you can go to Cabelas online and have the gun shipped to Cabelas in MA, NH ...

But, if you are only shopping at Cabelas thinking it is your only option, f*ck that. Their guns are almost always overpriced. You can find better deals at other dealers online and ship to your local shop. With the added bonus that:

1. You are helping the local guy.
2. You dont pay Sales tax (unless you buy from the very few sites that charge MA sales rax).

Cabelas will charge you MA sales tax.

Anyone been to either within the last week? I haven't been to either since this whole covid thing started last year. I have a few gift cards starting to burn holes in my pockets so I'm looking to use them. I'm looking to get possibly a .22 either a Henry or Ruger or even both :) Other things would be an option too. I know ammo has been hard to come by as have certain types of guns. Just curious if anyone has seen either of these there. I'm pretty much in middle of them. Would like to not have to go to both if possible.

Henry 😍. Henry rifles are completely awesome.

They have the M9 for $579 available ship to store free, I have not seen anything close to that price. Local shops can't order anything these days.

Decent price. I forgot what I paid for mine years ago when I bought it, but that ain't bad.

If you're trying to duplicate an issue pistol, you'll have to find things like a metal guide rod and a couple other pieces, but they should be available with some searching. Mec-Gar makes good flush fit 18 round mags for them as well if you want to upgrade from the 15s.

On vacation. Stopped at cabelas in Gainsville Virginia just to see what's up. Only high dollar "super duper prairy tornado twister magic pheasant" type 12 gauge ammo on the shelves for like $50 a box. Bunch of 28 gauge. Had a few guns. No powder. No primers. Very few projos. End of report.

Back
Top Bottom