• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Battle Belts

Yeah still have it there. I want to find one without a plastic insert I think, would let me pull the mag out and have it be completely soft if needed.

I've been debating completely redoing the entire set up too
I keep dicking around with mine. I think after a year, I finally have stuff where I like it to be.

You don't like having an IFAK centered on the belt, just curious.

I keep dicking around with mine. I think after a year, I finally have stuff where I like it to be.

You don't like having an IFAK centered on the belt, just curious.
Its ok, it works fine for riding on atvs not so much in the jeep. Thats another thing I would swap if I redo it. Id also get more horizontal than vertical

20220327_084728.jpg

if you want to support a vet business- that belt is ok, i got 2.

Amazon product ASIN B08FFC82V3View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FFC82V3

I got one of these in. Ordered a medium. I'm a 38" waist and it's perfect for me. I'd say comfortably fits 36-40" waist. It would work as a looser belt on 34. If you're below 34 I would definitely get a small if you want it to be snug.

Seems pretty decent for the price I'm gonna beat on the buckle a bit before I mount anything to it...with a hammer...you know for science.

I think the term “battle belt” is a little misleading. All the use cases shown in this thread are either range belts or maybe supplemental belts.

I think Battle Belt is much more appropriate for LBE type belt/suspender setups where your entire combat load is on your belt.

But for belt use with a plate carrier, I’ve used both ATS war belt and the Velocity Systems Operator Utility belt.

The ATS belt is good for an LBE setup with suspenders or as a range belt, but is too bulky to use in conjunction with a plate carrier.

The VelSys belt is a lot better in conjunction with a plate carrier, but still a little on the bulky side. I’m sure it would be great for guys with taller torsos.

I’m tempted to try a new slim one like the Ferro Concepts Bison belt. When running in conjunction with a plate carrier, I try to really minimize what I have on the belt, so it could work out.

Last edited:
I think the term “battle belt” is a little misleading. All the use cases shown in this thread are either range belts or maybe supplemental belts.

I think Battle Belt is much more appropriate for LBE type belt/suspender setups where your entire combat load is on your belt.

But for belt use with a plate carrier, I’ve used both ATS war belt and the Velocity Systems Operator Utility belt.

The ATS belt is good for an LBE setup with suspenders or as a range belt, but is too bulky to use in conjunction with a plate carrier.

The VelSys belt is a lot better in conjunction with a plate carrier, but still a little on the bulky side. I’m sure it would be great for guys with taller torsos.

I’m tempted to try a new slim one like the Ferro Concepts Bison belt. When running in conjunction with a plate carrier, I try to really minimize what I have on the belt, so it could work out.

Yeah battlebelt, warbelt, blah blah blah its kinda gone through a transformation, when the big thick ones like brokos, hsgi, etc were a thing they got that name. I prefer the thinner inner/outter belts now and use mine both alone as a range belt/first line or with armor and ruck with waistbelt etc.

20220328_211909.jpg

Looks good, how do you index your pistol mags? I usually like mine bullets foward on belts but ymmv.
Ive been trying it this way to see how it worked for me matching the rifle mags and keeping it all the same.

Bullets forward gives a little better grip reloading though so I'll probably swap

Back
Top Bottom