• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Battlefield Vegas

very cool. Contemplating doing this next month with the girl while out there. If i may ask a couple questions; did you need reservations? Seeing them online and not sure about walk ins. Is it far from downtown area, meaning needing a rental? Did you have fun/ would you recommend? The girl is slowly warming to the idea it’s my hobby and makes me happy so she’s trying too. And has had fun the few times so looks like there appropriate packages for her level and wants too. Thanks. And those guns look like they were fun to shoot. The facility looks nicely maintained.

very cool. Contemplating doing this next month with the girl while out there. If i may ask a couple questions; did you need reservations? Seeing them online and not sure about walk ins. Is it far from downtown area, meaning needing a rental? Did you have fun/ would you recommend? The girl is slowly warming to the idea it’s my hobby and makes me happy so she’s trying too. And has had fun the few times so looks like there appropriate packages for her level and wants too. Thanks. And those guns look like they were fun to shoot. The facility looks nicely maintained.
The place is basically first come first serve. They open at 09:30 in the morning, we got there about 10:30 and waited about 20 minutes. It moves quick, your shooting full auto so it doesn't take long. I had a list with me of what guns I wanted to shoot off their web page. Everyone there when we where there where walk ins. It is a little ways behind the Strat, if you call them they will come to the strip and pick you up in a hummer, and take you back the same way. My son ( 23 ) and I had a blast, we are both into WWII history and Milsurp firearms, for me shooting these was a dream come true. The place was nice and clean, and the guy that was with us on the range was great. The only down side is that they have been having trouble getting certain ammo, so if there is a firearm you really want to shoot I would call ahead on that. They have packages, but I just picked a la carte to get the ones I wanted. It isn't cheap but I don't gamble, so this is what I spent my money on. I was out there to sightsee go to the Bruins game and see a few other sights.

What was your favorite?
The one I looked forward to shooting the most was the BAR, cause I have just always been in love with that weapon. I ended up not really caring for the BAR due to the awkward position of your trigger hand. The MP 40 was my favorite, it was so smooth to fire, and being a 9mm round it never moved, a five year old could use one. The MG 42 was a close second. I was thrilled just to be able to handle all of them.

Long time ago I had a young fella come to me with a nice MP40. He had found it under his grandpa's (who was a WW2 vet) bed after he passed on. He wanted to know what it was worth. Came with a mag full of ammo. I told him that $100,000 and 10 yrs sounded about right. Wonder where it is now. Jack.

very cool. Contemplating doing this next month with the girl while out there. If i may ask a couple questions; did you need reservations? Seeing them online and not sure about walk ins.

My friend is infatuated with BFLV, all he does is call to get them to pick you up from your hotel. @imgone is spot on, They'll send a humvee to pick you guys up (and they will bring you back afterwards too) we always give the drivers a tip of course.

I would call after you land and ask the staff how busy it is etc or what the best time to come is (if you have an idea) and mentally prepare a list of stuff you want to
shoot before you go.

Is it far from downtown area, meaning needing a rental?

Just use their shuttle service. They will send someone out pretty much immediately. It's only like a 5 minute or so ride from most of the strip by the shuttle
anyways.... I dunno how long from downtown but can't be much different. It's literally one of those places that if you take an uber enough in the city your
drivers will drive past it a few times.

Did you have fun/ would you recommend? The girl is slowly warming to the idea it’s my hobby and makes me happy so she’s trying too. And has had fun the few times so looks like there appropriate packages for her level and wants too. Thanks. And those guns look like they were fun to shoot. The facility looks nicely maintained.

My advice- Pick a few guns that you know you will never shoot anywhere else, that way the wallet rape doesnt feel so proportionally bad at the end. My friend usually ends up like
dumping $800 there but I rent like one or two beltfeds and thats enough for me. You might want to pick one or two weird guns and then pick a couple for your lady like the MP5SD or
similar. (or let her pick whatever, better yet)

Also secondary advice.... MUFF AND PLUG. no exceptions. Otherwise you will hate your life for not doing it, because someone WILL rent the M82A1 while you are there, and they will fire it while you arein there. [laugh] My friend never listens to me and then whines like a bitch about it afterwards and I always end up telling him the same thing.

Yes, you heard me correctly. People will fire a 50 BMG there. INDOORS. No, I am not shitting you. [laugh] The ROs will usually call out when the 50 is hot though to give you enough time to well, mentally prepare for that.... [laugh]

My advice- Pick a few guns that you know you will never shoot anywhere else, that way the wallet rape doesnt feel so proportionally bad at the end. My friend usually ends up like
dumping $800 there but I rent like one or two beltfeds and thats enough for me. You might want to pick one or two weird guns and then pick a couple for your lady like the MP5SD or
similar. (or let her pick whatever, better yet)
I'll never beat monadnock shoots. stg 44, mp5, mp40, m16, ak 47, mgnoobs belt fed ar, or his full auto hk's and many more...so much fun, and with such amaizing folks, cheaply! with some of the nicest people I've ever met. let not the liberal media scare you. some of the nicest people ever are gun people. fear not those who will hand you arms, fear them who try to take them away.

Long time ago I had a young fella come to me with a nice MP40. He had found it under his grandpa's (who was a WW2 vet) bed after he passed on. He wanted to know what it was worth. Came with a mag full of ammo. I told him that $100,000 and 10 yrs sounded about right. Wonder where it is now. Jack.
I'll guess some crafty fellow gave him less than what it was worth and shut his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom