Bayonets

Any recommendations out there for a free-state version AR-15? I admit, I know next to nothing about them, brands, lengths, compatibility.

Any advise is appreciated.

Go with a good knife instead. A bayo is the most antiquated weapon out there, and they aren't good for much except their intended use.
If you insist, I'd go with the one from crkt.

Thanks guys. Definitely seems to be a total lack of data/info out there on the web.

In terms of compatibility, what do I need to look for? Or are they pretty much universal?

Go with a good knife instead. A bayo is the most antiquated weapon out there, and they aren't good for much except their intended use.
If you insist, I'd go with the one from crkt.
A good bayonet charge is still a potent psychological weapon. During a field exercise at JRTC, my convoy security team ran out of ammo (blanks) while under fire from the OPFOR (also blanks). The convoy commander ordered us to fix bayonets (completely real) and charge. We won that fight [wink].

Thanks guys. Definitely seems to be a total lack of data/info out there on the web.

In terms of compatibility, what do I need to look for? Or are they pretty much universal?

for an AR, you pretty much have the options of the M7, M9, or the OKC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M7_bayonet and see external links in that page for the others

M7 is a nice letter opener - good acutrama for the range
M9 is a heavy knife - perfect for those that like to carry around a hundred pound ruck
OKC is a double sided instrument of death - almost guaranteed to cut yourself with rather than use for anything else

so there's no right choice--whatever tickles your fancy

i have the OKC [smile]

What are you putting it on? you need a 20" with standard length gas tube or a 14.5" with carbine for it to fit right

me at the range last week checking a brass rat

VVrKnIY.jpg

Last edited:
A good bayonet charge is still a potent psychological weapon. During a field exercise at JRTC, my convoy security team ran out of ammo (blanks) while under fire from the OPFOR (also blanks). The convoy commander ordered us to fix bayonets (completely real) and charge. We won that fight [wink].

So its 100% effective......against an enemy armed with blanks. :D

The last bayonet charge of the us army was in the Korean War. Some isolated instances where men fought with bayonets. We practiced very little with them.

Back
Top Bottom