BB gun in pocket @ liquor store

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindndead

NES Member
A friend of mine was walking to my house from a few blocks away wile he had a BB gun that I asked him to bring over so we could shoot the rats in my lovely backyard of fall river.
He stopped of at the liquor store with the gun in his pocket,. What would have happened if he was printing the BB gun wile grabbing a bottle of Jim Beam and somebody took notice?
Just a thought,. I kind of guess that the SWAT team would be involved but on a second note what would be the legal ramifications for something like this? just asking...

your friend would dead if the cops arrived. man with gun robbing a liquor store is how it would be reported.
they respond appropriately
thats if the liquor store owner didn't drop him first.

that was extremely dumb.

at least carry it in backpack.

Is it illegal to cc a bb gun?

[thinking].

What about a real gun?

I refuse to read the section of 269 §10 that covers BB guns. It is so poorly written and convoluted that I just don't care if it is or it is not. It's a CF of monumental proportions.

I refuse to read the section of 269 §10 that covers BB guns. It is so poorly written and convoluted that I just don't care if it is or it is not. It's a CF of monumental proportions.

My comment was more in ref to post # 2. But okay, i will take your word for it. [rofl].

My comment was more in ref to post # 2. But okay, i will take your word for it. [rofl].

here is the difference.

When you CCW, you are aware and know what to do and not to do prevent exposure (not 100% of the time though). You are in a particular mindset.

This guy was just stuffing a bb gun in his pocket. Unaware of any potential consequences. Unprepared for a response.
His choice of words and actions after exposure would be very different than someone that was CCW. Those choices would decide the outcome.

He was in a liquor store buying Jim Beam meaning he is 21+ and should have known better.

here is the difference.

When you CCW, you are aware and know what to do and not to do prevent exposure (not 100% of the time though). You are in a particular mindset.

This guy was just stuffing a bb gun in his pocket. Unaware of any potential consequences. Unprepared for a response.
His choice of words and actions after exposure would be very different than someone that was CCW. Those choices would decide the outcome.

He was in a liquor store buying Jim Beam meaning he is 21+ and should have known better.

How do you know? You assume a lot on this one.

Wow, I carry a real gun into Kappy's once or twice a month and nobody has ever called SWAT on me. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

your friend would dead if the cops arrived. man with gun robbing a liquor store is how it would be reported.
they respond appropriately
thats if the liquor store owner didn't drop him first.

that was extremely dumb.

at least carry it in backpack.

What do you mean by "respond appropriately"? Are you saying that it would be correct for the police or store owner to shoot someone who was printing a BB gun, or any gun through their pocket while buying bottle of Scotch?

What do you mean by "respond appropriately"? Are you saying that it would be correct for the police or store owner to shoot someone who was printing a BB gun, or any gun through their pocket while buying bottle of Scotch?

They respond to how the call is reported.

Just like the report of a man with a rifle at the burlington mall that was just an umbrella. SWAT responded and cleared the mall as if Bin Laden himself was running around in a suicide vest.

Once confronted by the cops, its up to him how it would have turned out. Wrong move, refusing to follow directions etc all could make it turn out bad. Cops shoot people every year that have BB guns (mistaken for real guns) based on their actions. If he made a sudden move towards it, they would drop him. No questions asked.

Shop owner is an unknown. He could have jammed a shotgun in his face or just let him go on his way reporting it to the police who would later stop him walking down the street as potentially armed individual.

And to the poster about going to Kappys. You are doing nothing wrong. You are doing everything right. Thats why you haven't had issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
They respond to how the call is reported.

Just like the report of a man with a rifle at the burlington mall that was just an umbrella. SWAT responded and cleared the mall as if Bin Laden himself was running around in a suicide vest.

Once confronted by the cops, its up to him how it would have turned out. Wrong move, refusing to follow directions etc all could make it turn out bad. Cops shoot people every year that have BB guns (mistaken for real guns) based on their actions. If he made a sudden move towards it, they would drop him. No questions asked.

Shop owner is an unknown. He could have jammed a shotgun in his face or just let him go on his way reporting it to the police who would later stop him walking down the street as potentially armed individual.

And to the poster about going to Kappys. You are doing nothing wrong. You are doing everything right. Thats why you haven't had issues.

I'm sorry, but you're paranoid.

No offense to anyone, but 'printing' threads are dumb, hypothetical printing threads are even dumber, and now we've reset the bar with a hypothetical BB gun printing thread.

I'm speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom