• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

be careful who knows you have guns.

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/NEWS/709070316

Saw Creek Fatal Shooting

Teen charged in Saw Creek fatal shooting was honor roll student
By Beth Brelje
Pocono Record Writer
September 07, 2007 6:00 AM
BUSHKILL — A lust for guns was the motive for the Aug. 24 home invasion at Saw Creek Estates that turned to murder, according to police.

Cameron Arthur Harinarain, 18, of Saw Creek, Lehman Township, was arrested Thursday in connection with the shooting death of retired New York City corrections officer Barry James Rose, 47.

Harinarain is a 2007 graduate of East Stroudsburg High School-North and was on the school's honor roll.

He is being held in Pike County Correctional Facility, accused of second-degree murder. But it is not clear who pulled the trigger at around 2 a.m. that day.

According to the criminal complaint, Harinarain gave the following account of events:

There was a conversation between two people about a house that had guns. Harinarain and the two other people arranged to meet at Fernwood Hotel and Resort.

From there, they went to Harinarain's home in Saw Creek, where one of the other people showed him a 9 mm handgun.

Harinarain told state police at Blooming Grove that a woman drove him and the two others to the back gate of Saw Creek, and the three walked to Rose's home on Bexhill Court.

Harinarain said he and one of the others wanted to turn back, but the third person did not want to. That person led them through a basement window and into the home.

The three went upstairs and encountered Rose's daughter, Danielle.

Danielle Rose told police the intruders were dressed in dark-colored clothes and concealed their faces with clothing.

One of the intruders told her that it was a robbery and that no one would get hurt. She asked them not to hurt her father.

Harinarain told police someone pointed a gun in Danielle Rose's face. He told the person holding the gun not to do that, and that person told Rose to wake her father and walked down the hall with her.

The three intruders each went to hide in adjacent rooms, but Barry James Rose saw one of them as his bedroom door opened. He shot at the person.

The intruder returned fire and Danielle Rose heard her father fall to the floor. The three intruders then fled from the home. Danielle Rose saw her father bleeding from his head, and he did not respond to her. She called 911.

Harinarain told police he hid in the bathroom at the time of the shooting. He heard shots fired and breaking glass, then someone screamed and he ran out the door.

Once outside, Harinarain asked one of the intruders what happened. Harinarain said the other intruder explained that Rose had shot at him, so he shot back.

Harinarain was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Jay Rose in Hawley and charged with one count each of second- and third-degree murder, in addition to robbery and burglary charges. He was ordered held without bail at Pike County Correctional Facility.

Police are still investigating the case, and more arrests may be imminent. Anyone with information is asked to call (570) 226-5723. Confidential calls will be accepted.

I'm always VERY careful on who I let know I own guns, and I try to load my guns into my truck as quickly and discreetly as possible when I head to the range, if not for any other reason that I own things that have a very high street value. (I would show the same amount of caution if I was perscribed some meds that had recreational value as well).

Man though a home invasion in the home of a known gun owner??? How dumb can you get?

Think our info is safe at the FRB/CHSB ?
The link is expired.
GC

03/26/2003
Clerks Convicted in Information Sale Case

BOSTON -- Two clerks, one at the Registry of Motor Vehicles and one
at a courthouse, plead guilty in cases of illegal information
selling.

Sonya Grant of Malden, who worked at the registry, pleaded guilty
to one count of bribery. A judge gave her a two-year suspended
sentence and three years of probation.

The Attorney General's office says Grant sold private driver
information, including Social Security numbers, dates of birth and
addresses.

Tina Ross of Dorchester, who worked in the Dorchester District
Court probation department, pleaded guilty to two counts of bribery
and two counts of violating the Criminal Offender Record
Information law.

She received a three-year suspended sentence and four years of
probation.

Prosecutors say Ross sold dozens of criminal background checks in
exchange for payment of her rent, cash and small gifts. (AP)

http://web2.whdh.com/news/articles/local/A10673/

If it were up to the anti's they would pass that looming bill that would list gun owners in a similar on-line registry to the one for sex offenders. They want people to be conscious of who owns guns in there neighborhood. There is actually a group, and I forgot there name, that is in Worcester that works closely with the Worcester chief and they are tied in with the Brady Campaign to try and make this happen. Not only would we as gun owners have to register all of our firearms but a map would show on the internet what neighborhood you live in. There was a large article about it in the T&G a few months ago. SCUM-BAGS !!!

Back
Top Bottom