• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BEACH ACCESS

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Dont confuse me with the Facts?
pogo.jpg

Last edited:
So Captain Walt...how's it goin? No sharp objects around I hope.

Deep breaths, slooooooow and deeeeeep.

Better? 8~) Good.

I do not intend to get into this any further than noting that, in Massachusetts (and those other states that adopted the Great Colonial Ordinance of 1641), the statements of law in the upper part of the first post in this thread are not correct.

I do not intend to get into this any further than noting that, in Massachusetts (and those other states that adopted the Great Colonial Ordinance of 1641), the statements of law in the upper part of the first post in this thread are not correct.

Here's the beach access rules from the Massachusetts AG's office:
http://www.ago.state.ma.us/sp.cfm?pageid=1681

Essentially,
owners have the ability to own the land down to the low water mark of the intertidal area, and anybody else is allowed to use the intertidal area for fishing, fowling or navigation only.
*Fish and Wildlife dept. recommends keeping a copy of this on you while beach fishing, to be able to inform the owner of the property.

While I don't have a link for the laws for Rhode Island, they are even more favorable to beach access for non property owners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom