Before you stock in the next 10,000 rounds of ammo, maybe you should stop and think.

I think the OP has a point. I will stop and think if I order 10,000 rounds. Based upon availability today I probably should order 20,000 or 30,000.

I think you might have a hard time just finding a place that had 20,000 or 30,000 rounds in house...

In one of the classes that I took, the instructor suggested keeping 4,000 rounds for every caliber of gun in your collection.

In reading some of the posts here, I'm hearing that people are stockpiling 10, 20 and 30,000 rounds of ammo and up, and they're still buying more.

Just like the folks who descended upon the stores to clean out the paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, panic buying is great for you, but it prevents the rest of us from getting any. It also drives prices through the roof.

I usually buy my summer's supply of ammo in the spring, but because of the panic, I've not been able to get any.

Yes, you have the right to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds, but when you do this, you screw everyone else who is worried about the civil unrest situation, or having enough ammo to maintain qualification.

Just a thought.
Because someone else bought and stocked over time and another Di’s not and then is caught by shortage, doesn’t mean the guy who thought ahead is bad. Anyone involved in firearms over the 10-20-30-40 years has been through similar cycles and generally learned from the past. Plus now it’s like the stock market , if you need cash you sell that 5000 round of 45 or 40 and make 7k 👍👍

OP hasn’t even logged in since 1 week after the first post.

here’s my surprised face 😐

this was THE dog-pile thread of 2020...OP didn’t stand a chance of survival after they clicked ‘new thread’ that long, cold July morning less than a year ago...I remember it like it was yesterday.

I wonder how many people actually ‘stopped to think’ after reading the thread title and didn’t bother to read the onslaught of chastising commentary?

1619352321796.jpeg

Last edited:
here’s my surprised face 😐

this was THE dog-pile thread of 2020...OP didn’t stand a chance of survival after they clicked ‘new thread’ that long, cold July morning less than a year ago...I remember it like it was yesterday.

I wonder how many people actually ‘stopped to think’ after reading the thread title and didn’t bother to read the onslaught of chastising commentary?

View attachment 476004

haha. The OPs thread actually is one of the things that encouraged me to go hog wild on ammo purchases and get into reloading.

but yeah she was toast. I think she had one other thread about hot ranges or something that was equally silly.

In one of the classes that I took, the instructor suggested keeping 4,000 rounds for every caliber of gun in your collection.

In reading some of the posts here, I'm hearing that people are stockpiling 10, 20 and 30,000 rounds of ammo and up, and they're still buying more.

Just like the folks who descended upon the stores to clean out the paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, panic buying is great for you, but it prevents the rest of us from getting any. It also drives prices through the roof.

I usually buy my summer's supply of ammo in the spring, but because of the panic, I've not been able to get any.

Yes, you have the right to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds, but when you do this, you screw everyone else who is worried about the civil unrest situation, or having enough ammo to maintain qualification.

Just a thought.
Not sure if you are aware but Dean Safety in Littleton has all the .40 S&W you want, no limit @ “ normal b4 the craze prices”.

[popcorn]

Not sure if you are aware but Dean Safety in Littleton has all the .40 S&W you want, no limit @ “ normal b4 the craze prices”.

[popcorn]
I would call first or better yet drive there right now. I heard they have a big sale on .40 Shields with crazy low pricing, so I bet all those new Shield owners are going home with ammo as well.

Back
Top Bottom