Before you stock in the next 10,000 rounds of ammo, maybe you should stop and think.

I buy my ammo in the winter for the following year. 5k each caliber for semi guns 500 for my bolt guns. People are freaking out, don’t worry if something happens you must know we would be doubling up and the people with ammo would be sourcing it out to their friends. So stop freaking

In one of the classes that I took, the instructor suggested keeping 4,000 rounds for every caliber of gun in your collection.

In reading some of the posts here, I'm hearing that people are stockpiling 10, 20 and 30,000 rounds of ammo and up, and they're still buying more.

Just like the folks who descended upon the stores to clean out the paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, panic buying is great for you, but it prevents the rest of us from getting any. It also drives prices through the roof.

I usually buy my summer's supply of ammo in the spring, but because of the panic, I've not been able to get any.

Yes, you have the right to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds, but when you do this, you screw everyone else who is worried about the civil unrest situation, or having enough ammo to maintain qualification.

Just a thought.
Did you say I need 10,000 rounds for each caliber? OK, I'm going out for it now. Thanks for the heads up!

In one of the classes that I took, the instructor suggested keeping 4,000 rounds for every caliber of gun in your collection.

In reading some of the posts here, I'm hearing that people are stockpiling 10, 20 and 30,000 rounds of ammo and up, and they're still buying more.

Just like the folks who descended upon the stores to clean out the paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer, panic buying is great for you, but it prevents the rest of us from getting any. It also drives prices through the roof.

I usually buy my summer's supply of ammo in the spring, but because of the panic, I've not been able to get any.

Yes, you have the right to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds, but when you do this, you screw everyone else who is worried about the civil unrest situation, or having enough ammo to maintain qualification.

Just a thought.
F5 heltie, F5.

I never understood the " X round per gun" it makes no sense at all.

If someone has 4 guns they need less ammo than someone with 80 guns? You only have one trigger finger.

If someone has 4 guns they need less ammo than someone with 80 guns? You only have one trigger finger.
I always assumed it was based partially on being able to shoot each if you could never get more ammo and partially on equipping friends and family. So if my dad and brother made it to my place I could give each a rifle, 10 mags and 1000 rounds for example.

I wonder if they mean x round per caliber you shoot.
If I have one 9mm or 5 9mm's I'm probably going to shoot roughly the same amount of 9mm per year.

Just a thought.
So damn funny to see that jul 2020 post now. It is when 9mm Tula was still about 15cpr, crawling toward 20cpr.
Wish I got a 30000 rounds back then.

So damn funny to see that jul 2020 post now. It is when 9mm Tula was still about 15cpr, crawling toward 20cpr.
Wish I got a 30000 rounds back then.
When she was still complaining the rest of us we're still laying in relatively cheap cases.

4K per shooter seems reasonable, as short term reserve. Last time I took my kid out he went over 250 rounds, I did only 50. He started improving after first 100 or so into a session. It takes time. I wish to take him out more often, but if at each session we will go over 300-400 rounds- figure out how long will that 4K reserve last.
For any enthusiast 4k is meh but you really need to be at 8, 12, 16 or more when these droughts of product occur.

Back
Top Bottom