• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Belt for IWB, Nylon/Synthetic as good as leather?

I use a Hank's belt with a G19. Looking to replace it with some sort of polymer lined belt, likely an instructor. It is my assumption that it will do the job better.

Hanks also has polymer and steel lined belts which I would assume hold up better than their all leather ones. Mines gotten a little saggy.

Wilderness belt holds up very well. I bought it years ago and used it for CCW of smaller pistols. Brought it to Afghanistan and it carried M9, Spare mag, Leatherman and flashlight for 6 months with no sag. Still have it and it carries LC9s with no problem.

Tractor Supply Co $10 leather belt is VERY thick and sturdy and has held nicely for over a year - you won't cry if you put the new hole in the wrong spot.

A kydex reinforced, or general sturdy instructor/rigger's belt is far superior to leather for stiffness. You can get adjust it to the exact size you want. I have not touched a leather gun belt since switching.

A kydex reinforced, or general sturdy instructor/rigger's belt is far superior to leather for stiffness. You can get adjust it to the exact size you want. I have not touched a leather gun belt since switching.

Agreed. I have a leather belt that I wear when I put on a suit (for weddings and funerals), but I wear a reinforced Wilderness Instructor belt on a daily basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the belt matter for IWB Cary?

Yes. A stiff belt helps keep the gun tight to your body without having to tighten the belt so much that you strangle yourself.

Agreed. I wear a reinforced Wilderness Instructor belt on a daily basis.

Same here after you recommended the WI belt to me a couple years ago for IDPA. I've been wearing it everyday since then. Velcro is getting a little frayed but it's still working fine.

Back
Top Bottom