• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

then offering a raffle for an AR, a Glock, a Sig, a S&W, and a minty SKS to anyone who has bought a Benchmade knife in the last 12 months.
There are legal problems with offering raffles contingent on a purchase. Even Tim of the USCCA who seems to have daily raffles has a procedure on his web site for entering without a purchase.

The Legally Armed vid said BM paid $1.2 million since 2010, over 90% went to democrats, and the TGC vid showed the democrat recipients being some of the worst ones. I’m a value Kershaw guy myself, but no way in hell I’d ever consider BM now.

The more I think about Benchmade after the additional information posted here- the more sick I get.

When I was 13 I bought a really nice Bali-Song for like $180. Got it from Hedlers(?) cutlery shop at the mall.

I loved that knife, but I sold it for some reason.

I will never buy another after this.

I hope Gerber does not pull a stunt like this. I think I'm going to search on the internet for that vintage Gerber folder I once owned.

Remember they have to play in a Dem rich state like MA.
Im sure if we look into what business and unions here in mass we would be upset also.
Labor | OpenSecrets

I think made in USA might be a easier fight.
And last I checked, many gun companies are in Mass or in nearby states like CT or NH and you don't see them ONLY contributing to Democrats like Stenchmade.

Never bought their overpriced crap in the first place. I'm not independently wealthy enough to blow my hard earned money on Gucci blades while there are so many firearms out there in need of my purchasing.

Benchmade can make this "Right" by apologizing profusely to gun owners, telling Oregon City PD "Sorry, but we wont be doing that again"
and then offering a raffle for an AR, a Glock, a Sig, a S&W, and a minty SKS to anyone who has bought a Benchmade knife in the last 12 months.
Oh, and a sizable donation to the NRA, Oregon Firearms Federation and Oregon Gun Owners...

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization - Oregon Firearms Federation
Oregon Gun Owners
Don’t forget the real National gun rights association..,,GOA

Benchmade can make this "Right" by apologizing profusely to gun owners, telling Oregon City PD "Sorry, but we wont be doing that again"
and then offering a raffle for an AR, a Glock, a Sig, a S&W, and a minty SKS to anyone who has bought a Benchmade knife in the last 12 months.
Oh, and a sizable donation to the NRA, Oregon Firearms Federation and Oregon Gun Owners...

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization - Oregon Firearms Federation
Oregon Gun Owners
NOT the NRA

The Legally Armed vid said BM paid $1.2 million since 2010, over 90% went to democrats, and the TGC vid showed the democrat recipients being some of the worst ones. I’m a value Kershaw guy myself, but no way in hell I’d ever consider BM now.

This kind of thinking is exactly how the left operates, and I don’t in any way mean that as an insult. They pay attention to this stuff and they pressure companies to fall in line with their ideological agenda. They deploy outrage strategically, one company at a time. It’s effective.

I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to make sure this got disseminated:
Benchmade's Political Contributions.

Oh noes. Look at all that money. . . . wait. $7-14K a cycle??? Chumps! LOL

So far it appears to be a brainfart. Some here will crucify them until the end. . . . or enough time goes by where something else outrages them. I'll take a wait-and-see. Benchmade has some of the best designs on the market. Not too big, not too small, JUUUUUST right. It'd be a shame to see that go away.

What's on the left of the picture sign, a broken beer bottle?

Also very ironic given Essex Police logo:

AfKCK-Wc_400x400.jpg

Article in link below reads like Benchmade may have been cutting guns on the regular and was definitely eager to please in this specific instance. No mention of their political donations which is the bigger deal for many 2A supporters.

Oregon City knife company, police face backlash after social media post
But Cpt. Davis said the arrangement with Benchmade was simply common procedure.

“These were actually the judge's order saying surrender all firearms to the police department,” Cpt. Davis said. “We came to Benchmade and asked them hey we need to destroy these guns they're too big we need to make them smaller so they can fit into a certain size box to be incinerated. They said sure we've got the equipment that'll be no problem.”

Last edited:

It is a religion because the left has turned it into one and we refuse to be bullied. In saner political times this would all not be as big an issue. Now that the Democratic party seams to be unified in an iron fisted Marxist, anti-gun trajectory, we don't want our hard earned dollars ending up in their pockets.

Are we going to get all hot and bothered about Surefire's political contributions as well?

Never bought anything from them.

Donations from Surefire LLC (PAC)

2010 - $4,800 to Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) (Link - SureFire LLC Contributions to Federal Candidates, 2010 cycle | OpenSecrets)
2012 - $5,000 to Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) (Link - SureFire LLC Contributions to Federal Candidates, 2012 cycle | OpenSecrets)
2014 - $556 to Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) (Link - SureFire LLC Contributions to Federal Candidates, 2014 cycle | OpenSecrets)
2018 - $500 to DNC Services Corp (here and here)

I know of cases where C-Suite class executives made donations to the Coakley campaign for Senate despite a long history of supporting Republicans. Either their political orientation changed, or they shared the common belief the "D" would win and wanted to be on the record as having supported the person occupying a Senate office.

Hmm.

I’ve been carrying Benchmades since, oh, 1999 or so? Recently I’ve been swapping in fixed blades, a Behring pocket drop-point and a Randall Gambler worn Begbie-style.

I’ll stop the “swapping in” process and go straight to “switching out.” The Benchmades can go into my toolbox in the basement, the toolbox I never really use.

Back
Top Bottom