• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Knives. Yes, that Benchmade...

No benchmade’s currently, but had a lot at one point (handful of autos).

I miss my AFCK and my original G10 handle nimravus the most.

My TRM Atom is 20cv. I’m a fan of it.
I've been watching their website from time to time and would like one of their offerings in the future. I haven't picked one yet though. Still in research mode...

20201218_210559.jpg My only Benchmade D2 steel. I had an FDE version of the same knife, but i am pretty sure a scumbag contractor stole it from my nightstand while doing flood damage cleanup after a batrhoom flooded. Nice knife.

Last edited:
I have an AFCK. Looks a little like this one.

8Hnrzfu.jpg

Just ordered my 2 new Benchmade deep carry pocket clips in black. 1 mini, 1 standard, for my 940BK-2004 Osborne.

$21.93. Shipped from Benchmade... Good Deal.

1609281730921.png 1609281756527.png

How do those of you with a reverse Tanto 940 make the most use out of the tip, or should I rather ask; where does it come in the most handy?

I think the reverse tanto is a far more useful design for your typical, non-samurai person. I dislike the sharp joint on a traditional tanto when it comes to knife designs. Probably OK if the sole purpose was to trust into adversaries, but not so great in day to day use. In my opinion, traditional tanto knives with that sharp joint makes cut strokes awkward, as you have to work around that joint. Makes it feel more like cutting something with a rectangular razor blade. You don't get the entirety of the belly to tip use. It also creates another chip point. With the reverse tanto, you still get the increased mass above the tip to reduce chip and deformation of the tip, but you also get smooth belly to tip line that us usable in its entirety. Just my 2 cents though. I'm sure someone could argue for the traditional tanto too.

NEW Benchmade Auto for 2021...

The 'CLAYMORE'... and others.

1610489624453.png

Last edited:
Those bugouts are pretty and I totally dig the mini 940, but I’m not a fan of side swing autos. I had a Kalashnikov for a bit, and once I got past the initial smile from firing it, I realized that I didn’t see much of an advantage over a well tuned Benchmade or Spyderco non auto. Or a decent flipper for that matter. The spring that makes side openers snap open, makes them harder to close vs a drop shut action.

OTFs are a different story, IMO. I have a clone Microtech that I love. Just as easy to close as to open. I’d shell out for a real one if this dumb state would let me carry it out of my house.

I ran my bugout through the laundry. It may be my imagination but the action doesn't seem quite a smooth.
They are a bit of a pain to take apart, but do it slowly and over a placemat so you don’t lose any of the tiny screws and it can be done. There are videos on YouTube. Take it apart, put a little hoppes oil on the pivot washers, and put it all back together, and I bet she’ll be even smoother than she was from the factory. I’ve had both a bugout and a griptilian apart to swap scales. They are definitely more of a pain than any other knives due to the inset partial liners, but it was still just a 10 minute job.

One of the omega springs snapped on my bugout two weeks ago. I know BM will send replacements for free, but they were cheap enough on EBay that I ordered a half dozen of them, which should last me a lifetime, lol. A little fiddly getting the new one back in, but not that hard.

Waiting for mine to arrive in the next few days. Got to remember to steer clear of this forum.... it can get expensive after a while!
I just got an email for the new Bugout Mini. I thought it was a sign, so I ordered one. [laugh] I’ll get a full size if I like it.
View attachment 435454

Waiting for mine to arrive in the next few days. Got to remember to steer clear of this forum.... it can get expensive after a while!
Mini Bugout just arrived. Honestly, I’m a little torn. I’m used to a heavier knife. And, I’ve become accustomed to the Axis assist, which this doesn’t have. I’ll carry it for a while to get a feel for it before I give a real review.
I’m still digging them out as I find them. I’ve got some safe queens that I’ll get to soon.
Osborne Barrage Ltd., Osborne Emissary first production, McHenry mini Infidel, Bugout Mini first production.
758100F4-FC83-491C-A6C7-E6BF8747476F.jpeg
C1763748-23C1-4E25-8DF4-152FD34A1840.jpeg

I was originally going for the 535 half serrated edge full size bugout then changed my mind for the mini - hoping I made the right choice. I usually prefer a more compact EDC knife but I guess I’ll have to wait and see if I made the right decision. Can always send it back if I’m not satisfied....

Back
Top Bottom