Beretta 84F Beretta 85F

You might be able to find a new one on gunbroker.com

then have it shipped to your FFL. Thats how I purchased mine 5 years ago. I love the gun.... like a mini 92fs

- - - Updated - - -

You might be able to find a new one on gunbroker.com

then have it shipped to your FFL. Thats how I purchased mine 5 years ago. I love the gun.... like a mini 92fs

Try before you buy I have a hard time racking those slides. I'm not old and I rock climb so I have a fair amount of grip strength.

I actually like both options in terms of the "safety". The 92 you kind of push forward with your thumb and the 85 you pull down.

All I know is, "Red your dead". When I see the red dot I'm good to go!

Interesting, didn't know you push up for safe on those, I wonder why Beretta did it different than the 92 series?

The original 92 series were designed/produced with the frame mounted safety (ala 1911). But it wasn't designed to function as a de-cocker. You had to manually lower the hammer (which you still do on the 84/85 series iirc). When the Italian Army wanted to transition to a new sidearm, they required a decocker. Beretta redesigned the safety/decocker.

Taurus bought some of the original 92 series manufacturing equipment and started making them in Brazil.

Aloha

Beretta stopped selling these new awhile ago, took them out of the supply chain and removed them from their website. But recently, new ones have started showing up again and if you look around a little you will find them. They are available, new, at Kittery Trading Post and you could just go in and have it sent to your favorite MA FFL. The 84FS and 85FS comply with MA requirements for dealer sale and you should have no problem having it transferred.

I have three copies of this gun, an early 90s vintage 84 and the fit and finish on that gun is beautiful and I like the rounded trigger guard so much better. I have a newer 85 and a Browning BDA which is basically the same gun with a closed slide and spur hammer. I used to carry the 85 a lot in the summer until I bought a Khar PM9

Oh, BTW I believe Village Sports has one in their case, not sure of new or used however.

Beretta stopped selling these new awhile ago, took them out of the supply chain and removed them from their website. But recently, new ones have started showing up again and if you look around a little you will find them. They are available, new, at Kittery Trading Post and you could just go in and have it sent to your favorite MA FFL. The 84FS and 85FS comply with MA requirements for dealer sale and you should have no problem having it transferred.

So are those just guns that are NOS? Or are they making them again?

I've heard that they are overruns from a European police agency contract.

Are any of your three decockers or are they all manual decockers?

Aloha

The Browning is manual, the 85 decocks when you flip the safety just like the 92s, And I don't remember exactly how the 84 decocks as it has just sat in the safe since I acquired it a while back but I think it's like the 85. I remember reading somewhere that the mechanism of the Browning is a little different than the 84/85 series but I don't know for sure...I know it goes boom when I pull the trigger...[laugh]

Last edited:
The Browning is manual, the 85 decocks when you flip the safety just like the 92s, And I don't remember exactly how the 84 decocks as it has just sat in the safe since I acquired it a while back but I think it's like the 85. I remember reading somewhere that the mechanism of the Browning is a little different than the 84/85 series but I don't know for sure...I know it goes boom when I pull the trigger...[laugh]
Thanks for the info. I looked at one (I think it was an 84) years ago that you had to decock manually, wasn't a fan. Might have to look again at them.

Aloha

Some 84F Beretta come with 10rd magazines others come with 13rd magazines is the 13 rd legal for transfer here in Ma.

Back
Top Bottom