• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta being forced to leave Maryland with de facto total gun ban .

Right at the end on the question of why would you own an 'assault' weapon with more than 20 rounds....I wish he would simply made statement that if government truly wish to reduce crime and allow people to protect themselves, then good law-abiding citizens MUST be able to own bigger, better, more powerful guns with more ammo than an assailant could possible possess in a confrontation.

Great job. This is a real shot in the arm to have serious big shot businessmen standing up now.

Beretta responds to Speaker Philip Gunn’s letter to arms manufacturers

Ugo Gussalli Beretta, head of the oldest continuous company in the world, Beretta, makers of the official sidearm of the U.S. military, sent a response to Gunn’s recent letter.

“Thank you very much for your kind letter of 25th February 2013 and for the invitation to come to the great State of Mississippi,” Beretta wrote. “I confirm that I am interested to consider your proposal. The General Counsel fo Beretta USA Corp., Mr. Jeff Reh, will get in touch with you to know the conditions you can offer to our Company.”

Clarion Ledger
3/22/13

Cheap labor, cheap taxes in MS, plus probably a waiver of all taxes for a decade, completely new plant. Would make their weapons much less expensive to build than a Northeast Manufacturer.

Right at the end on the question of why would you own an 'assault' weapon with more than 20 rounds....I wish he would simply made statement that if government truly wish to reduce crime and allow people to protect themselves, then good law-abiding citizens MUST be able to own bigger, better, more powerful guns with more ammo than an assailant could possible possess in a confrontation.

Who should be allowed to have an "assault" weapon? Everyone.
Why? To protect themselves from tyrannical government.
From doing what? Disarming the everyone of their assault weapons.
You must be crazy for saying that. Am I? I'm currently in front of a government committee arguing to you why you shouldn't be allowed to disarm the law abiding citizens.

Who is going to have the balls to stand up and say that to the committee?

Who should be allowed to have an "assault" weapon? Everyone.
Why? To protect themselves from tyrannical government.
From doing what? Disarming the everyone of their assault weapons.
You must be crazy for saying that. Am I? I'm currently in front of a government committee arguing to you why you shouldn't be allowed to disarm the law abiding citizens.

Who is going to have the balls to stand up and say that to the committee?

+1

There's a good chance they'll just move right across the river to Virginia, seeing as how they already have their warehouse operation here.

This. Much easier to move where you already have operations and still near DC for greasing the defense dept. Just a short move across the Potomac as well.

Last edited:
In a 28-19 vote, senators approved a plan to require a license to buy a handgun, limit magazines to 10 bullets and ban the sale of assault-style weapons. Maryland State Police would be empowered to audit gun dealers, and state rules limiting gun ownership for people with mental illnesses would be expanded. Other provisions increase the information sent to databases used for background checks.

WTF?! (to all of it)

To that last politician who questioned him regarding substitution of an AR15, f**k you. What an asinine line of reasoning.

How about it is the numerological equalizer when multiple intruders start kicking in your door?

Damn, now I need to buy another Beretta.
While my Beretta is not my main gun, it is my home go to weapon to get to the rifle cabinet. Very smooth gun and everyone in the house can handle it quite well. It is a great gun and I will never sell it.

Back
Top Bottom