• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta leaving Maryland.....

And where would the state find jobs for those machinists at some other company in CT? On the unemployment lines those people would stay. Sad for the families, but the state would be to blame.

If they are actually skilled and valued employees I would expect Colt, or Beretta, to offer the employees some reimbursement for moving expenses. At least I would hope they would do that, if they have the "commitment to their community" they say they have.

The cold hard truth is, outside of the employees and their families, and pro 2a folks on our side already, no regular folks in Colorado, Maryland, Conn.. give a rats petunia about losing a gun factory. Happens all the time in other industries. More fodder for the unemployment line, to them.

In fact the libs in Colorado have convinced themselves legalizing "medical" marijuana is going to create 10,000 jobs and will somehow boost the economy.

I think most of these manufacturers will stay put. It can be seen as an F.U. to the state govs.... sure ban our product. We will just make more. And not sell them to your PDs.

This really has been a very pleasant upside to all the gun sales in the past 20 years.

We knew these bans "hit home" in 1994, but for most people it was only figurative and LEO/MIL sales were bread and butter for these companies.

Now LEO/MILL sales are loss leaders for a lot of small arms companies to establish "cred" and get cashflow. Consumer sales are the staples. Perhaps even more importantly, these bans reach, literally, into people's closets to pull guns that they HAVE, not just those they WANT.

Gun grabbers keep repeating the lie that they aren't taking our guns, but the reality is that they very much are.

Outstanding, good on you Beretta! now I really do need to buy that 92fs I've been lusting over [laugh]

Got mine back in Dec. Then a week later SH happened. As all of the madness kept building I grew happier and happier that I tossed my old S&W carry piece and replaced it with a Beretta. I only have one S&W left now and it is my Dad's old service issue so it has to stay.

That's just funny. Return the karma and sell the prebans to someone else in MA before you leave. It rains PMAGs from the sky here anyway.

With 27 acres you can easily make your own range.

If Patrick's bill passes it will be a felony in MA to possess preban mags over 10 rounds.

I used to live less than 5 miles from the Beretta property. It's really quite small and inconspicuous. I am sure that anti's will consider the loss of tax revenue to be "worth it" and the whole thing to be a net positive. Assuming they actually do move that is. Pathetic.

Another reason I'm glad I bought this yesterday.
photo (75).JPG
MA says I can't buy a new one?
Well F*ck you very much, I got one anyway. Thanks and good luck Beretta!

One legislator stated: “ … It’s only very infrequently that someone commits a crime with an assault weapon – why do you need one for self-defense?”

If assault weapons are only very infrequently used to commit a crime, why ban them? Freaking retards.

I already have a 92fs..... I don;t know what to get from them now. I like their bolt guns. They own Sako don't they?

CX4 Carbine in 9mm takes 92 mags, plenty of pre-ban mags out there.

I hope Colt, Bushmaster, Marlin, Ruger and Mossberg move out of CT. Same for S&W, Savage, and Kahr in MA. It really hurts because gun making in NE is at the core of the Industrial Revolution, it was guns not textiles that created modern manufacturing, but that was then and this is now. They all need to head south IMO.

My respect for Beretta has increased tenfold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see S&W leaving in the near term. The average tenure of their employees is 30 years. I don't know how many would move if the company moved and I don't know if S&W could maintain production with new employees. Is moving to NH or ME feasible? Perhaps, but those are both increasingly blue states, so it would likely only be a temporary improvement.

Meanwhile, it's nice to see Beretta taking their business elsewhere. I think that's a bigger hit for Maryland than Magpul and Hi Viz leaving CO.

One legislator stated: “Other than target shooting, the only other reason [for a semi-automic firearm] would be for self-defense… [Why would you need a] rifle that accommodates 20 rounds semi-automatic for deer hunting? … It’s only very infrequently that someone commits a crime with an assault weapon – why do you need one for self-defense?"

The complete and utter idiocy of this statement makes me literally want to reach thru my screen and strangle this douche.

I don't see S&W leaving in the near term. The average tenure of their employees is 30 years. I don't know how many would move if the company moved and I don't know if S&W could maintain production with new employees. Is moving to NH or ME feasible? Perhaps, but those are both increasingly blue states, so it would likely only be a temporary improvement.

Meanwhile, it's nice to see Beretta taking their business elsewhere. I think that's a bigger hit for Maryland than Magpul and Hi Viz leaving CO.

Did you ever see the writing on some of the S&W's made in Maine? It says made in Houlton Maine on the slide. They started out making handcuffs and some other S&W items, then a .22 pistol, now a lot more is being made there. S&W has been moving some of it's operations out of Massachusetts for about 25 or 30 years now. The people there love the company because they provide much needed jobs in the perpetually bad economy of Northern Maine.

Did you ever see the writing on some of the S&W's made in Maine? It says made in Houlton Maine on the slide. They started out making handcuffs and some other S&W items, then a .22 pistol, now a lot more is being made there. S&W has been moving some of it's operations out of Massachusetts for about 25 or 30 years now. The people there love the company because they provide much needed jobs in the perpetually bad economy of Northern Maine.

My wife's 9mm 1911 Pro series is from there. One of the first things she noticed.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Rumor has it (and I have no real source, but heard from multiple independent people) that Colt and Stag are moving to the same industrial park in texas, and ruger is moving to NH. Apparently discussed at some sort of industry event last night.

Back
Top Bottom