Berreta 92D slide

CaptDan3

NES Member
I have a Berreta 92D pistol. ( DAO) Does anyone know IF you can change the slide to turn in into a 92 FS (DA/SA)

I don't like the double action only.

And where would I find a complete slide ????

Thanks

Dan Long
Boston, MA

I have a Berreta 92D pistol. ( DAO) Does anyone know IF you can change the slide to turn in into a 92 FS (DA/SA)

Thanks

Dan Long
Boston, MA

you could probably trade that for a 92fs. the D's are rare now a days.

Thanks

Dan Long
Boston, MA

You'll need to change the sear, hammer, and several springs if you do this. Those parts are not the same between the D and FS versions. To compound the problem, I am not sure if slide and frame may have been cut differently between the two versions to prevent swapping.

In any case, the 92D is somewhat rare and you should just sell it complete. You should have no problem buying a complete 92FS.

You should only need hammer, sear, sear pin, sear spring and slide. Slides turn up all the time on BerettaForum (good bunch of people) as well as Gunbroker and lately, EBay (Guess they changed their policy at some point, they still suck) . Shouldn't be any problem with frame fit.

Changing the hammer is dead easy. It's the sear that's a pain.

Back
Top Bottom