• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best 223 seating die for 77gr SMKs?

Forster mic seater for a progressive.
Whidden precision for a single stage.

drop that charge back a few tenths (~24.0-24.2) - you wont see a difference on paper, it'll cycle just fine, and you'll stop mangling bullets. believe me, velocity isnt the be-all-end-all for 77SMK's....i've shot the scores to prove that (with my 77's going ~ 2700ish)

I've been reloading everything with regular dies, but am looking to get a competition seating die for 77gr 223 SMKs. What says the brain trust on brand/model #?
I have reading and it works well with the nosler 77s
Most if not all manufactures now have seating stems for specific manufactures bullet profiles.
As mentioned some seating stems so not fit the bullet profile and can smoosh tips or the leading edge contacts the ogive.

I have reading and it works well with the nosler 77s
Most if not all manufactures now have seating stems for specific manufactures bullet profiles.
As mentioned some seating stems so not fit the bullet profile and can smoosh tips or the leading edge contacts the ogive.
brownells finally shipped me the type S die that was on a backorder for forever. it may still be in stock now.

749-006-105REDDING TYPE S FULL LENGTH DIE, 223 RE
$65.99​
1​
$65.99​

Back
Top Bottom