"BEST" Bolt for a AR

Haters are going to hate, but I am a Fail Zero fan. I shot around 120 rounds last time at the range (3 weeks ago) and didn't clean it until last night. The nickel boron composition made it so easy to clean it was just a wipe down and put away.
They are pricey (if you can get them at all right now). But I think the BCG, Bolt, firing pin etc ran around $200.00 for the complete assembly. I would buy it again for my next build.

I run BCM and LMT BCG's in my AR's. I'd also used a DD.

But these days, you'd be lucky to find a BCG made out of sticks and bubble gum [smile]

I have had bolts break, the last one was a DPMS, but it was on an hugely over gassed remport barrel.

Now I stick with manufacturer s that take the time to build parts correctly and test them

I've heard of them breaking, but I've never heard of one particular manufacturer being known for breaking. I assumed it was just a random inferior piece that might slip through the millions being produced.

Additional question: Do the manufacturers (builders) all make their own bolts? Or is it like lower receivers where there is/was a very few companies that make them for everybody?

I've heard of them breaking, but I've never heard of one particular manufacturer being known for breaking. I assumed it was just a random inferior piece that might slip through the millions being produced.

Additional question: Do the manufacturers (builders) all make their own bolts? Or is it like lower receivers where there is/was a very few companies that make them for everybody?

Few companies make them for everybody.

People think that because it says DD on it or Noveske or LMT, that they are actually making those parts. I highly doubt they are. Just like lowers, other manufacturing companies make those, and just stamp the name on it.

- - - Updated - - -

but it was on an hugely over gassed remport barrel.

Now I stick with manufacturer s that take the time to build parts correctly and test them

I have no problem with my Remsport 16" barrel and Remsport manufactured BCG.

Few companies make them for everybody.

People think that because it says DD on it or Noveske or LMT, that they are actually making those parts. I highly doubt they are. Just like lowers, other manufacturing companies make those, and just stamp the name on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem with my Remsport 16" barrel and Remsport manufactured BCG.

You highly doubt there is a difference...
How about different Steels 9310 vs Carpenter 158 vs 8620

Or the fact that some companies test every bolt, others only 1 out of many and some don't test any at all. I rather have flaws found at the factory, then next to my face.

What extractor spring does it come with? will is be strong enough? will it last long enough?

I don't really care that your bottom of the barrel AR will run, The barrel that I purchased was crap, the gas port was huge and was I told it was done to make the run reliable, which is just the opposite of what happens. I prefer to buy my gear for companies that not only know how to correctly produce and quality control their product, but also know why it needs to built that way

You highly doubt there is a difference...
How about different Steels 9310 vs Carpenter 158 vs 8620

Or the fact that some companies test every bolt, others only 1 out of many and some don't test any at all. I rather have flaws found at the factory, then next to my face.

What extractor spring does it come with? will is be strong enough? will it last long enough?

I don't really care that your bottom of the barrel AR will run, The barrel that I purchased was crap, the gas port was huge and was I told it was done to make the run reliable, which is just the opposite of what happens. I prefer to buy my gear for companies that not only know how to correctly produce and quality control their product, but also know why it needs to built that way

Where did I say There was no difference in the pieces??? Re-read my post if you have to multiple times, and tell me where I said that. I said, I highly doubt all companies are making their own product. They are not. There is a few companies that make BCG's, and than stamp individual names on them. There are few companies that make lowers for everyone, and than stamp different names on them, same with barrels, etc etc etc.

Don't get all pissy with me because you had a shit barrel from Remsport. All I am saying is that the barrel I have shoots excellent and I have had zero problems with my barrel or my BCG. No reason to attack my "bottom of the barrel AR" as you so eloquently put it, just because it has a Remsport barrel.

I don't give a shit that you ended up with a shit ****ing barrel. Actually, it makes me smile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom