Best Calibers For Self Defense - Real World Study

That was good.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't mention "small game" as a valid use/value of .22 rifles in the context of "Bug Out". But only a little disappointed, because "survivalist" wasn't really what he was addressing.

That was good.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't mention "small game" as a valid use/value of .22 rifles in the context of "Bug Out". But only a little disappointed, because "survivalist" wasn't really what he was addressing.
The entire video is based on self defense.

I did not like the .410 revolver and shotgun comparison. Too many assumptions, no data, just guessing. I think he should have left that out of the video. The .410 revolver also doesnt have the range that moar handguns have. I just ignored that part.

great video, thanks...but maybe we should leave this discussion up to the real experts on the topic.

only video you ever need to watch WRT home defense.

View: https://youtu.be/A3mVgYGls5M

You know what else will scare off intruders?? Shooting the first intruder through the door.

Last edited:
So am I fine with a .40S&W against bears or should I upgrade to a .45GAP?

The entire video is based on self defense.

I did not like the .410 revolver and shotgun comparison. Too many assumptions, no data, just guessing. I think he should have left that out of the video. The .410 revolver also doesnt have the range that moar handguns have. I just ignored that part.

Also the handguns that fire .410 are best defined as "the special ed bus of handguns" on a good day.

Avoid .22, .25, and .32
Anything else is fine.

Unless you want to go through body armor, then you need a rifle.

The gun that you like is the right one.

This plus I'll add one thing.... look at the failure rates, of everything. The biggest myth that people suck for is that all bad guys will take only a round or so and then die/stop. While that's
true a lot of the time, the failure rate is still such that it reinforces the non zero possibility of a bad guy being a bullet tampon.

I usually listen mostly to Doctor Gary Roberts “DocGKR” on various forums. He’s probably the foremost expert on terminal ballistics and wounding.

Avoid .22, .25, and .32
Anything else is fine.

Unless you want to go through body armor, then you need a rifle.

The gun that you like is the right one.
this is how I feel...carrying a handgun for protection, don't overthink it...9mm, 45, 40 if you like boys, .357, 38spl +p ....the goon breaking into your house at 2am isn't going to know what hit him or that you should have used a 12g anyhow.

Better plan to shoot them through the head...
Primary 'home defense' gun is my 300 Blackout pistol (10.5" barrel) with a 40 round PMag of 110 grain Barnes Vortex DRT rounds (dead right there). Basically, turns melons into mist. So, what head??

Basically, turns melons into mist. So, what head??
hello servicemasters. cause i ain't scraped and sponging brain and facial tissue from the walls and floors.

here's an old post of mine for your amusement in case you missed it....

Back
Top Bottom