• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best gun shops on the south shore

qwik88

NES Member
What’s every one’s favorite gun shots to go browse on the south shore. Bored and would like to go look around

I have had good luck with M & M Plimoth Bay Outfitters. They were always nice and even if I hadn't been there in 6 months they remembered my name. I bought 6 rifles from them when I lived down there. The last time I bought anything there was 6 years ago.

But ... a few members here have nothing but bad things to say about them.

I also know they lowball big time when trying to buy "high end" target shooting handguns.

What’s every one’s favorite gun shots to go browse on the south shore. Bored and would like to go look around
don't know if these qualify as South Shore but I will second Shooting Supply and Add Armour Sports in Taunton, however they have limited hours. Village Sports is another well stocked shop but opinions on them vary although I have always been treated good there with one exception but that was a previous owner. These are my three go-to shops in the "pit" area.

Oh yea, don't forget the "Mini-mill" in Bridgewater.

Last edited:
South Coast ain't South Shore. This thread was always meant to devolve into this argument. [smile]
I thought it was going to devolve into:

DUPE!

South Coast ain't South Shore. This thread was always meant to devolve into this argument. [smile]

This. I grew up in Hanover.

South Shore goes from Quincy to Plymouth, inclusive of any towns east of route 3 (Scituate, Marshfield, Duxbury, etc.), or only one or two towns west of there, out to about Brockton. If you get to Route 24, you've gone too far. Fall River and that whole part of the state may be south coast, or something else, but not "south shore."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it (safely, from NC) South_Shore_MA-map.png

I have had good luck with M & M Plimoth Bay Outfitters. They were always nice and even if I hadn't been there in 6 months they remembered my name. I bought 6 rifles from them when I lived down there. The last time I bought anything there was 6 years ago.

But ... a few members here have nothing but bad things to say about them.

I also know they lowball big time when trying to buy "high end" target shooting handguns.
Depends who you deal with. I have not been there much in past 10 years but I try to deal with the nice lady if she is there. I usually buy supplies/targets as they seldom have had anything that interests me.
Go back to the days when they where in Cordage Park !!!!
Out Back Arms has been great again Im not buying guns but small items when I need them and random reloading stuff !
IF I buy a gun from a gun shop its because I just want it.
Good thing is there are a few new places down this way . I have not been out and about to check them out though

Back
Top Bottom