• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Offset Red Dot Mount

DarthRevan

NES Member
I've been starting to get an itch for an offset mount for either an RMR/SRO or T1/T2
What are the better setups you've been seeing? Should I be looking at other red dots for use on a 16" AR?
Current optic on rifle is an ACOG
Discuss

I like the angle that the T-Rex Arms mount puts an optic, and was about to pull the trigger on picking one up, when I found out that the company’s owner and his family are basically a cult. The search continues. I’m currently looking in Arisaka. I have a light mount from them and like their quality:

As for optics, I would consider a Holosun 507v2. Uses the RMR mounting pattern and seems to be just as durable, but offers solar backup and other features.

If you want a small closed emitter, I’ve heard the ACRO has pretty bad battery life. The Holosun 509T which just came out has a larger viewing window, and a smaller physical footprint while having normal red dot battery life. Major downside is they have a proprietary mounting pattern and industry hasn’t really made much for it yet.

I know I sound like a Holosun fanboy right now. But they’re getting to be a seriously considered player and I like solar backup to run them without batteries in the light if needed.

Last edited:
I like the angle that the T-Rex Arms mount puts an optic, and was about to pull the trigger on picking one up, when I found out that the company’s owner and his family are basically a cult.
That explains how he has so much shit.
Watching a couple videos of his and all it can do is wonder how that skinny bitch has all that money to shoot as much.

Back
Top Bottom