• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best place near me for affordable ammo?

I am very new to the gun community and was wondering if there any good local shops that sell cheap range ammo (possibly in bulk) and some good Federal HST. Just looking for some good prices and sales in the West Bridgewater area.

Thanks in advance!

Shooting supply in westport, Walmart in raynham

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

cheap bulk in ma does not seem to exist.
A trip to RI or NH is in order for your best chance at bulk deals. Then find a free state friend to ship to that you can go see once in a while.

Generally the cheapest ammo your going to find is walmart

Definitely Shooting Supply. They're currently having a sale on Remington 9mm JHP with mail-in-rebate. Brings each box down to $7.50.

Buy a couple thousand rounds of descent brass case ammo then collect your brass at the range and buy a reloading setup. You can't get much cheaper than that. And I echo Shooting Supply in Westport. Been there and he has some really good prices, especially on reloading supplies.

Buy a couple thousand rounds of descent brass case ammo then collect your brass at the range and buy a reloading setup. You can't get much cheaper than that. And I echo Shooting Supply in Westport. Been there and he has some really good prices, especially on reloading supplies.

Or skip buying any ammo and buy a reloading set up and pick up some brass at the range while you wait for your press to ship.

^This.

If you're not afraid to pull a trigger, you shouldn't be afraid to pull a lever...

2k rounds at current 9mm prices with MA tax is about 800$ that's a nice press and enough left for components... depending on powder your going to get approx 1500 rounds per pound.
Once your set up you can load exactly what you want when you want it.
Looks like your basic 9mm round nose bullets run 8-10¢ each... so looks like 13-15¢ per round for bulk plinking ammo...

Last edited:
+1 on the reloading thing. I was reading quite a bit about it a couple of months ago after I purchased a 357. $30 for fifty rounds of ammo was just not appealing to me. So I pulled the trigger on a Lee turret and a set of dies recently (very recently). I load the same round for about $7 per fifty. 9mm will cost me the same. I just ordered the dies and already have a 1000 bullets waiting to be loaded. I have been saving the 9mm brass since last October, figuring I would someday try reloading, so I have a good pile of it. I will only save a few bucks per fifty with 9mm, but it is irrelevant. It is just fun. And theoretically, I should not be subject to shortages in the future as long as I keep powders on hand.

Now that I am getting the hang of it, I need to figure out which loads will be most accurate. I am excited to start with the 9mm as well because I want to see how much I can soften my loads for target/steel and still have accuracy and cycle the gun. I also just picked up a different powder that should work well for medium 357 loads. I have not loaded for 357 yet, just 38 special. Pete

Pete

+1 on the reloading thing. I was reading quite a bit about it a couple of months ago after I purchased a 357. $30 for fifty rounds of ammo was just not appealing to me. So I pulled the trigger on a Lee turret and a set of dies recently (very recently). I load the same round for about $7 per fifty. 9mm will cost me the same. I just ordered the dies and already have a 1000 bullets waiting to be loaded. I have been saving the 9mm brass since last October, figuring I would someday try reloading, so I have a good pile of it. I will only save a few bucks per fifty with 9mm, but it is irrelevant. It is just fun. And theoretically, I should not be subject to shortages in the future as long as I keep powders on hand.

Now that I am getting the hang of it, I need to figure out which loads will be most accurate. I am excited to start with the 9mm as well because I want to see how much I can soften my loads for target/steel and still have accuracy and cycle the gun. I also just picked up a different powder that should work well for medium 357 loads. I have not loaded for 357 yet, just 38 special. Pete

Pete

one of the keys to reloading is bulk..... once you find a load you like you buy bullets 3-5K+ at a time.
then if you really want to slip down in expense start casting your own.
my cast 45 loads cost me about 6 cents...

Back
Top Bottom