• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Place to buy Cases of 7.62x39

I have recently picked up an sks and am interested in getting a case or two of 7.62 and a shit ton of stripper clips. Looking to hear what shops are selling cases at a fair price. I live in central MA near worcester. but i travel around MA for work so all recommendations are welcome. Also any RI or NH shops just over the border are also within my scope of interest.

DO NOT LIST ANY ONLINE SHOPS THAT SHIP AMMO TO MA

Theres some listed in the classifieds right now. Believe its 2 spam cans. Aside from that The Gun Parlor has 640rd cases for 230, kind of pricey. Ive been buying Tula at Wally whenever I am there.

Collectable Arms in Merrimack NH. 1k rd cases of golden tiger x39 for $250. Best steel cased x39 you can buy. Period.

I have recently picked up an sks and am interested in getting a case or two of 7.62 and a shit ton of stripper clips. Looking to hear what shops are selling cases at a fair price. I live in central MA near worcester. but i travel around MA for work so all recommendations are welcome. Also any RI or NH shops just over the border are also within my scope of interest.

DO NOT LIST ANY ONLINE SHOPS THAT SHIP AMMO TO MA

s-l500.jpg

Stripper Clips - Brand New

$7.19 for 10 Shipped.

$152.99 for 500 Shipped.

And many quantities in between.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39150704257...49&var=660671258341&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
Maybe. I got about 2300 rounds left....

Oh you still have a ammo starter kit??? LOL

All joking aside... Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack NH (also called 619 DW Guns and Ammo) has the best 7,62 x 39 ammo around. Its called "Golden Tiger" and they are the only gun shop that carries it ( others my have it but they bought it from them!)
Bullet and primer is sealed and is great to shoot! They sell 20 round boxed, 500rds for $129 and 1000 cases for $250 . The also have sks stripper clips for sale too. Great place to stop by and great ammo prices!

Guys over at AKFiles have been complaining on the GT .223
most are sending it back, something about Hard Primers

Are they shooting it out of AK or AR....

GT has a 100% satisfaction Guaranty. Like wolf so if you don't like it you can get your money back.

Just get a receipt! I have not been able to test GTs guaranty. Wolf does the same thing. Other manufactures not so much.

Last edited:
We have Red Army. 900 round case. $295.

That's really expensive for steel cased ammo @ more than 30 cents/round.

And I gotta add having shot Red Army through the same guns as golden tiger, its really not great either. If you can't get golden tiger, Tula has been very accurate (at least in my guns) and about the same price as GT.

We have Red Army. 900 round case. $295.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for helping local shops but paying an extra $100 (case price 1k rounds) for lesser quality ammo doesn't seem to make sense? Though I've been wrong many times before.

Last edited:

See good old russian ammo is to tough for whimpy US AR....[smile]

I have had my share of bad ammo both cheap steel and more expensive brass from every manufacture I have bought.
By far on average Rem UMC is the worst over all no matter the flavor.

If the primers are hard in 223, all you need to do is add a firmer hammer spring. My AR is chambered in 7.62x39 and it shot the Tula no problem but did have some light hit issues with Golden Tiger. I changed it with a stronger hammer spring and no problems after that. Took all of about 2 minutes

Not sure where to get it locally in New England but if you want stripper clips think about a case of two of Yugo M67 ammo already on strippers (it also comes not on strippers so make sure you get the right stuff). It is corrosive but it's for a SKS, not a x39 AR. It's brass and great shooting ammo and the stripper clips are the best, not the crappy new Chinese ones that are hit or miss at best.

All you have to do is clean the gun normally after shooting and the corrosive ammo is no big deal. If it's a Yugo SKS make sure you clean out the gas valve, corrosive ammo or not. Those things are why I don't own a Yugo SKS and probably won't unless it's an older M59 without the gas valve and grenade launcher, not a M59/66 or M59/66a1.

I am not familiar with MA laws about ammo but if you have a way to get ammo shipped to you PM me and I can let you know where I have ordered M67 ammo from. Maybe a MA dealer can order it for you?

Most still ship to CT with the proper CT permission slips.

Last edited:
If the primers are hard in 223, all you need to do is add a firmer hammer spring. My AR is chambered in 7.62x39 and it shot the Tula no problem but did have some light hit issues with Golden Tiger. I changed it with a stronger hammer spring and no problems after that. Took all of about 2 minutes
they already mentioned they tried that. Most sent the ammo back

Back
Top Bottom