• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Place to buy Cases of 7.62x39

Not sure where to get it locally in New England but if you want stripper clips think about a case of two of Yugo M67 ammo already on strippers (it also comes not on strippers so make sure you get the right stuff). It is corrosive but it's for a SKS, not a x39 AR. It's brass and great shooting ammo and the stripper clips are the best, not the crappy new Chinese ones that are hit or miss at best.

All you have to do is clean the gun normally after shooting and the corrosive ammo is no big deal. If it's a Yugo SKS make sure you clean out the gas valve, corrosive ammo or not. Those things are why I don't own a Yugo SKS and probably won't unless it's an older M59 without the gas valve and grenade launcher, not a M59/66 or M59/66a1.

I am not familiar with MA laws about ammo but if you have a way to get ammo shipped to you PM me and I can let you know where I have ordered M67 ammo from. Maybe a MA dealer can order it for you?

Most still ship to CT with the proper CT permission slips.

A case of this is 1120 rounds already loaded on the best stripper clips, the real Yugo milsurp strippers. Cost is between $375 and $390 delivered to CT depending on where you get it. That's about 34 cents a round which may seem steep for corrosive ammo but remember this is really good ammo and you also get 112 top quality strippers that can go for $1 each (and who doesn't want 112 top quality strippers [smile]).

If you order the case it should come in a sealed tin can inside of a nice wooden crate, which is nice if you want to keep some unopened for long term storage, or even general storage after you open it up. I keep some unopened myself but I really like it for my SKSs and I have some that I did open so I could shoot some too.

_choice_dsc_1184_f.png

for the $125-140 less that I'd spend on a case of excellent quality Golden Tiger @ 25cents/rd, I could buy a hell of a lot of stripper clips and I wouldn't have to worry about any of my guns rusting if I fail to wash them out after shooting.

Sure the yugo stuff is brass cased vs the steel case GT, but it doesn't do much good to the typical user when its berdan primed brass.

I just don't see the benefit of paying 50% more for corrosive ammo that I can't reload just to get some stripper clips. I'll buy a couple dozen off ebay and still pocket $100.

I just don't see the benefit of paying 50% more for corrosive ammo that I can't reload just to get some stripper clips. I'll buy a couple dozen off ebay and still pocket $100.

Who knows where 7.62x39mm will be priced in the near future, if even readily available?
If we ever get back to trading with Russia, perhaps the Murom primers will become available again and that $100 can be used to purchase some. About every berdan-primed 39mm case I've come across is reloadable once you get these.
Who knows, maybe AK/SKS/AR shooters will have to buy Winchester ammo and then you'll have boxer-primed brass more readily available....

I've got a slew of virgin IK cases, but am low on the berdan primers (prefer to save them for GP11 reloads).
Don't shoot this caliber anymore anyways.

If you happen to be in Georgia...
http://www.armslist.com/posts/5831348/macon-georgia-ammo-for-sale--7-62x39---2100-rounds

Last edited:
for the $125-140 less that I'd spend on a case of excellent quality Golden Tiger @ 25cents/rd, I could buy a hell of a lot of stripper clips and I wouldn't have to worry about any of my guns rusting if I fail to wash them out after shooting.

Sure the yugo stuff is brass cased vs the steel case GT, but it doesn't do much good to the typical user when its berdan primed brass.

Used to be Golden Tiger cost a lot more and was in short supply so the Yugo stuff was a little more attractive. If all you need is a couple dozen stripper clips than I agree, the Yugo stuff isn't the best route. The OP said he wanted a ton, not sure if that meant a couple dozen or a hundred or so. I haven't looked for stripper clips, ever, as I have accumulated plenty over the years but last I heard the good milsurp ones were a little scarce and around $1 each. The new Chinese ones suck, that much I can tell you from first hand experience. If the milsurp strippers are still scarce and $1 each and he needs 100 or so then the Yugo ammo makes sense, otherwise the GT is great. If he wants it sealed for long term storage there are several good ways to do that with the GT but it takes a small amount of effort and a tiny bit of extra cost.

Used to be Golden Tiger cost a lot more and was in short supply so the Yugo stuff was a little more attractive. If all you need is a couple dozen stripper clips than I agree, the Yugo stuff isn't the best route. The OP said he wanted a ton, not sure if that meant a couple dozen or a hundred or so. I haven't looked for stripper clips, ever, as I have accumulated plenty over the years but last I heard the good milsurp ones were a little scarce and around $1 each. The new Chinese ones suck, that much I can tell you from first hand experience. If the milsurp strippers are still scarce and $1 each and he needs 100 or so then the Yugo ammo makes sense, otherwise the GT is great. If he wants it sealed for long term storage there are several good ways to do that with the GT but it takes a small amount of effort and a tiny bit of extra cost.

yeah I suppose if he wants that many clips it would make sense. For long term storage, I'd just throw the GT in an ammo can that has a good or new O-ring on it and maybe a desiccant pack in with it since the ammo itself is already sealed.

Collectable Arms in Merrimack NH. 1k rd cases of golden tiger x39 for $250. Best steel cased x39 you can buy. Period.

^this. collectible in merrimack is where it's at.
the golden tiger ammo for me is quite accurate and i prefer it to tulammo and slightly over wolf. the primers are a little harder than usual though, so a mini 30 or some ARs chambered in 7.62x39 will have difficulty w ignition. however an SKS or AK will eat it up.

the golden tiger is the only steel case ammo that can run through the SKS and hit steel at 300 yards with the standard iron sights. it groups very tight through the SKS.

If anyone happens to be looking for 7.62x39 and clips I have some I'm looking to sell. About 400 rounds, 28 clips I think.

Back
Top Bottom