Best poly pistol (subcompact) readily available in the Commiewealth of Marxichusetts?

I moved to a free state a while back, but my brother needs a decent CCW and he'd like something akin to a Glock in .40, but still small enough to cc.

My first suggestion would be a Springfield XDs or XD subcompact in .40, but I can't recall if there even available under your marxist regime.

Of course, used Glocks abound at exorbitant prices.

The Gander Mountain local to me has G22 LEO turn-ins for $400, but they want $75 for shipping and transfer!

What do you suggest for him that's readily available (even used, if must be).

A Glock 22 isn't much of a concealed carry gun. Pretty big.

Plenty of options in MA if he wants a .40. M&P Shield pops to mind right off the bat. Ruger SR40C if he wants a double stack, or the S&W M&P 40 compact. There are others as well.

The smallest MA legal .40 is probably the Kahr PM40.

Yeah, I used to have a Kahr PM40. Good pistol, that how I got my username.

I really hate M&Ps because of their crappy triggers out of the box, but the Shield would fit his criteria, though I would recommend a trigger job and that's extra cash.

Glock 27 if he's deadset on .40. I carry a Glock 26 and find it very comfortable and easy to conceal. A 27 would be pretty easy to find here in MA

If you want a sub-compact, Glock like poly, consider the Walther PPS. They come in 9 and 40, each of which are currently for sale in the classified.

They have the same safety in trigger as a Glock, no external safety and the breakdown is like a Glock.

Look for the S disconnector, this is the non-Mass, lighter trigger version. The H disconnector is the heavier Mass version. Just pull the slide off to see or of course, ask the seller.

Last edited:
SR40c. I have the SR9c and it's really easy to conceal. I like to carry my G20 around also :)

Another vote for a Glock 27 and purchasing the Lone Wolf 40-9 barrel for $110? Lightweight & small but doesn't feel small in your hands.

My favorite EDC---Ruger LC9s. That's right, striker fired LC9. They fixed the only thing wrong with the LC9 which was that long DA trigger. And they can be found in Mass if you do your homework. Very light, very concealable and accurate. Much less $$ than Glock, Kahr, etc.

There are no XDs on the latest MA approved firearms roster. You can take that for what its worth and keep your own counsel. They are out there.

But if he is really looking for something in .40 that is sub compact and Glock-like, then the M&P 40c is an obvious answer. We got our 9c with a trigger job so I can't say how terrible they are stock, but consensus seems to be that he'll want to spend another $70 or so to get the trigger worked on.

Tell him to skip the .40 and go 9mm instead. There are plenty of Glock 19s and 26s available. Just check the classifieds. If he wants a pocket gun then kahr PM9.

My favorite EDC---Ruger LC9s. That's right, striker fired LC9. They fixed the only thing wrong with the LC9 which was that long DA trigger. And they can be found in Mass if you do your homework. Very light, very concealable and accurate. Much less $$ than Glock, Kahr, etc.

The Kahr C series CM9 CW9 are about the same list price as the LC9.

Back
Top Bottom