• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best removable holster for owb concealed carry

Trying to find the best OWB holster for my shield w/tlr-6.

Requirements are that it has good natural retention, so likely kydex only rather than a hybrid.

Also, I need to be able to discretely remove the firearm and holster from my belt, so no holsters where the belt feeds through loops.

I believe this leaves a paddle type holster, but all the ones ive ever used are too bulk and obvious even under a cover garment. I need it to be close to my body and sit flush almost to my side.

Any suggestions are welcome!

My favorite OWB holster is a StealthGear Flex.

See:

Ventcore® OWB FLEX Holster (Outside the Waistband)

They make a model specific for the Shield with a TLR6. The standard model comes with loops which aren’t quick off/on but you can purchase accessory speed clips which are for $9.00:

Polymer OWB Speed Clip

I don’t have the speed clips on mine (I use it with a H&K P30SK) but the holster is really great. I like it so much I have one on order for my P229 Legion. It has super retention, excellent fit, incredibly comfortable. Whatever you choose good luck in your search.

Tom

Bumping this. Ive used the Ventcore Flex holster for about 2 years now and liked it, it’s comfortable and fits the criteria of owb, quick release clips, and compatibility with a tlr-6.

Unfortunately it has failed twice now. 3 months ago one of the wing clips cracked, and now the shell itself has cracked along a seam. They were good the first time and sent a new set of wings free of charge, but this is still disappointing and not ideal for an edc holster.

Thanks for any new/additional recs guys!

Can I ask whether you've thought about IWB? There are dozens of good IWB holster choices that seem to fit all your requirements.

My requirements are similar to yours, and I never did find an OWB choice that suited me. A Yaqui slide came closest, but then that's not the retention you're looking for. The paddle sort of bulks any holster out a bit far, by default.

Can I ask whether you've thought about IWB? There are dozens of good IWB holster choices that seem to fit all your requirements.

My requirements are similar to yours, and I never did find an OWB choice that suited me. A Yaqui slide came closest, but then that's not the retention you're looking for. The paddle sort of bulks any holster out a bit far, by default.
Have an iwb holster. Use it sometimes but just not as comfortable for me especially when seated/driving for long periods of time, especially at 3 oclock where I prefer to carry.

I never found a paddle holster that I loved. I have a few that are ok, but just ok. I switched to front pocket carry a few years ago and I'll never go back to a holster.

Front pants pocket? You're using a pocket holster, yes? Not using one is a too common mistake with new pocket carriers.

Bumping this. Ive used the Ventcore Flex holster for about 2 years now and liked it, it’s comfortable and fits the criteria of owb, quick release clips, and compatibility with a tlr-6.

Unfortunately it has failed twice now. 3 months ago one of the wing clips cracked, and now the shell itself has cracked along a seam. They were good the first time and sent a new set of wings free of charge, but this is still disappointing and not ideal for an edc holster.

Thanks for any new/additional recs guys!
Werkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, BlackWerkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, Black
Werkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, Black
$65.00
Add to Cart

Add to Wish List Add to Compare
Pistol: M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40
Light: TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40
IWB / AIWB Holster with Claw

Werkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, BlackWerkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, Black
Werkz M6 IWB / AIWB Holster for Smith & Wesson M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40 with Streamlight TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40, Right, Black
$65.00
Add to Cart

Add to Wish List Add to Compare
Pistol: M&P Shield & Shield PC 9/40
Light: TLR-6 for M&P Shield 9/40
IWB / AIWB Holster with Claw
Thanks but thats an IWB holster. I have one thats great from Keyhole Holsters already. This post is for an OWB holster with easy remove clips that sits close to my body and allows for the Shield 9mm with the tlr-6. (Tried paddles, sticks out too much. Have to be able to wuickly and discretely remove holster sometimes so cant be feed-through belt loops)

Thanks but thats an IWB holster. I have one thats great from Keyhole Holsters already. This post is for an OWB holster with easy remove clips that sits close to my body and allows for the Shield 9mm with the tlr-6. (Tried paddles, sticks out too much. Have to be able to wuickly and discretely remove holster sometimes so cant be feed-through belt loops)
If you go to their website they have that OWB holster for your gun

Back
Top Bottom