Best round for Canada geese

Thank you for the replies. I agree, in Massachusetts, a firearm is probably not the wisest choice. I will start carrying in the park, in case things get out of hand. I like the ideas of an ice pick or garrote. Very professional. Maybe when i was younger but I don’t think it is a viable option. I also dont like the idea of using a poison or alka seltzer because I do not want to run the risk of hurting an innocent goose. Might try to hit it with one of my Titleists. What’s par for a goose? 3 strokes with a 7 iron?

You realize that the park is their home and you are trespassing as far as the normally polite Canadians are concerned. If you befriend or establish dominance with the Alpha goose they should leave you alone. I have a way with birds and other than a slight 'misunderstanding' with a swan a few years back, can typically walk right up to ducks, geese, pigeons, birds of prey, and turkeys with ease.

You realize that the park is their home and you are trespassing as far as the normally polite Canadians are concerned. If you befriend or establish dominance with the Alpha goose they should leave you alone. I have a way with birds and other than a slight 'misunderstanding' with a swan a few years back, can typically walk right up to ducks, geese, pigeons, birds of prey, and turkeys with ease.
Maybe diplomacy works for you, but I will not negotiate with a goose. These bastard birds only understand one thing. Pain. And whoever can deliver the most pain. Kasey will be up to the task next time. Goose just caught her by surprise.

I'm curious how they taste. I guess not, as good-tasting birds wouldn't have had this kind of population growth.
I find them acceptable if you take just the two breast halves soak them in a pan with waster and baking soda overnight.
Rinse an dice up into small pieces .
Stir fry those in olive oil and garlic.
Then dump that right into pasta sauce.
Good over spaghetti or a lasagna.

A buddy of mine makes a very tasty jerky with it too.

I am just about my wits end. In all my life I have never encountered birds as mean as these Canada geese lately. Yesterday I was at the park with my grandson. I’ve been taking him to the park lately. He loves it and I could use the exercise. Anyway, The park has a small pond and I told my grandson to go stand by the pond so I could take a picture for the bride. The damn geese were a good 4-5 feet away but one of them must have taken offense to my grandson. The damn bird lunged at my grandson and startled him so much he tripped running away. So I march over there to give it a piece of my mind and the damn thing just spreads its wings acting like it doesn’t know it’s place in the animal kingdom. So today I bring my golden retriever Kasey to the park too. We walk back over towards the pond and those same geese are still swimming around by the shore. I tell Kasey to go get em and she takes off like the good girl she is. Most of the geese retreat except one stays and challenges Kasey. I bet it was the same bastard that I dealt with yesterday. Damn thing pecked at poor Kasey’s nose. Now she won’t even go near the pond. I don’t know what else to do. How can I best dispatch these geese?

For firearms I have
Remington 742 in 30.06
Remington 870 in 12 gauge
Smith and Wesson 59 in 9mm
Smith and Wesson 19 in .357
Smith and Wesson 66 in .357
Smith and Wesson 640 in .357
Ruger single six in .357
Ruger Gp100 in .357
Remington R1 in .45
Colt combat elite in .45
Kimber custom 2 in .45

I was also thinking maybe I could use a slingshot. I remember using a slingshot with 00 buckshot when I was a kid but I heard those are illegal in Massachusetts. Are slingshots permitted with a valid LTC? I think slingshot might just be the best option because of noise and concealibility.
If it doesn’t back away, this upside it’s head:

1_248081_ZM_BROWN_ALT1.JPG

Thank you for the replies. I agree, in Massachusetts, a firearm is probably not the wisest choice. I will start carrying in the park, in case things get out of hand. I like the ideas of an ice pick or garrote. Very professional. Maybe when i was younger but I don’t think it is a viable option. I also dont like the idea of using a poison or alka seltzer because I do not want to run the risk of hurting an innocent goose. Might try to hit it with one of my Titleists. What’s par for a goose? 3 strokes with a 7 iron?
JFC, you're going to carry a gun in a park against geese??? Grow a pair and kick the damn bird, you beta [laugh]

Maybe diplomacy works for you, but I will not negotiate with a goose. These bastard birds only understand one thing. Pain. And whoever can deliver the most pain. Kasey will be up to the task next time. Goose just caught her by surprise.

Next time you take your nephew to the park and the goos attacks and tries to bite you grab it by the head and twist it like you are winding up a softball pitch. That will break its neck and your nephew will talk about it for the rest of his life. Far cooler than lighting up a Newport.

P.S. Wear a cup in case the goose goes for the twig and berries.

Bob

Next time you take your nephew to the park and the goos attacks and tries to bite you grab it by the head and twist it like you are winding up a softball pitch. That will break its neck and your nephew will talk about it for the rest of his life. Far cooler than lighting up a Newport.

P.S. Wear a cup in case the goose goes for the twig and berries.

Bob
Kill the Goose or spark up Menthol Heater, can't you do both?

I am just about my wits end. In all my life I have never encountered birds as mean as these Canada geese lately. Yesterday I was at the park with my grandson. I’ve been taking him to the park lately. He loves it and I could use the exercise. Anyway, The park has a small pond and I told my grandson to go stand by the pond so I could take a picture for the bride. The damn geese were a good 4-5 feet away but one of them must have taken offense to my grandson. The damn bird lunged at my grandson and startled him so much he tripped running away. So I march over there to give it a piece of my mind and the damn thing just spreads its wings acting like it doesn’t know it’s place in the animal kingdom. So today I bring my golden retriever Kasey to the park too. We walk back over towards the pond and those same geese are still swimming around by the shore. I tell Kasey to go get em and she takes off like the good girl she is. Most of the geese retreat except one stays and challenges Kasey. I bet it was the same bastard that I dealt with yesterday. Damn thing pecked at poor Kasey’s nose. Now she won’t even go near the pond. I don’t know what else to do. How can I best dispatch these geese?

For firearms I have
Remington 742 in 30.06
Remington 870 in 12 gauge
Smith and Wesson 59 in 9mm
Smith and Wesson 19 in .357
Smith and Wesson 66 in .357
Smith and Wesson 640 in .357
Ruger single six in .357
Ruger Gp100 in .357
Remington R1 in .45
Colt combat elite in .45
Kimber custom 2 in .45

I was also thinking maybe I could use a slingshot. I remember using a slingshot with 00 buckshot when I was a kid but I heard those are illegal in Massachusetts. Are slingshots permitted with a valid LTC? I think slingshot might just be the best option because of noise and concealibility.
Teach grandson/nephew/kids how to punt
Years ago we where mobbed by seagulls at the beach. Scared the shit out of my kids. One big sea pigeon stole my sons hotdog. He was 4… he was angry
Few years later a seagull came waddling up to us as we exited McD’s
He grumbled “ your not getting my fries”
Seems the gull did not speak angry whispers of a 6 yr old.
It got a little to close and Thud , all this happened before I could do or say much of anything.
He looked at me and said , he crossed the line of death.
I have been chased by geese and swans.
Be careful they can be pretty strong and be careful of turkeys they got sharp shanks !!!

Last edited:
The dominant goose is the one who was attacking you. He’s going to be the one pushing all the other geese out of the way to get to the doughballs with the Alka Seltzer center.

Or so I’m told.

The dominant goose is the one who was attacking you. He’s going to be the one pushing all the other geese out of the way to get to the doughballs with the Alka Seltzer center.

Or so I’m told.
Pretty much , used to feed the ducks and geese as a child and there was always one bastard who ate first. We called him gimp.
he had a messed up foot and he would push all the other birds around. Once he got his fill the others would waddle in.m.
This went on for years then they put a fence up.

That was sort of funny , like how they where smoking . Canadians still big on smoking.
unlce was a micmac indian and his family would come down and visit . The day before they left they stocked up on booze. Cigs and jeans. They would spend half the day at the hanover mall buying stuff they dont have up there. This was back in the 80s.
They had false compartments all over the camper.
They even had a extra fuel cell and my uncle said they would fill it before crossing the boarder as gas was expensive. Thinking back it looked to be 200 gal or so

You need a tougher dog,when I was working at GE here in Lynn we had a massive problem with geese. To get rid of them they hired a guy with 2 Border Collies they took no grieve from the geese. That 1k stare was a riot to watch right before the you're not welcome here charge

The blunder buss is the firearm of choice in this case. Also get a dog that will grab the friggin goose by the neck and clamp on until it croaks. One with a name like "Poor Kasey" will not suffice.

Back
Top Bottom