• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Scope and Light for AR-15?

JJA

Hello shooters,

My first post here was a great success, now I turn to you guys again and ask what is a good optic for an AR-15 as well as a light to go on the picatinny rail? Once again not trying to spend crazy money but I'm not going to buy something cheap either.

More specific: Anything Red dot, tactical, acog

I'm looking maybe for a holographic sight

I own a Bushmaster XM-15

Thanks guys

Last edited:
There are countless options, all of which depend on your intended use of the rifle. For a standard carbine, Id go with an eotech. They come in many configurations, most are simple and easy to use by both amateurs and professionals alike. The light is also dependent on your rail setup. If you have a forward grip or an AFG or whatever. I just use a streamlight TLR1 or a surefire x300 mounted to the right rail and I can toggle it on/off and momentary with just my middle finger and never having to alter my grip.

If you're looking for a flashlight in the $100 range, might as well consider a 4Sevens Maelstrom MM-X. It will light up objects over 100m away. There are a myriad of mounting options too since the MM-X has a standard 1 inch body.

Back
Top Bottom