Best Slim Conceal Carry Gun in Mass Options , subcompact only.

I'm very much a Glock guy and I own a few Gen 4's but lately carrying my Gen 4 G19 has given me some lower back pain. So I switched to carrying a lighter Gen 4 G26 which felt better but still getting back pain after any prolonged period of time. So I Figure its the width of the pistol that is causing this, now I'm looking for a good slim 9mm single stack pistol. Something subcompact that I can find in Massachusetts. Ok NES, what's my best bet?

I actually really like my lc9; far slimmer than my g26. The g26 is noticeable, but slightly annoying. The lc9 is notifiable, but comforting and comfortable.

Trigger isnt great though. I'm going to consider switching to an SR9c, or changing the trigger.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The LC9 doesn't get much love on this forum, but I really like mine. Even with the Galloway trigger upgrade, I am still less than $400 into it. It has been 100% reliable, and I am able to hit what I am aiming at. A few places are starting to offer +1 and +2 floorplates for the mags, so you can get 9-10 rounds into one. I've got a +1 that I picked up online, don't recall where, but it functions great.

I would have liked to have gotten a Kahr, but I couldn't find one other than 2x the cost of my Ruger.

Don't forget the CM9. Its a less expensive version of the PM9.

Here's a comparison of the PM9 with a LCP and a J frame (340PD)

One interesting thing is the J frame is MUCH MUCH lighter than the PM9. If you wear an untucked shirt, the J frame works great with an OWB holster and is the easiest to carry gun I own.

To put it in perspective:

Glock 26 with 10 rounds in a Crossbreed supertuck - 32 oz
340PD J frame with a Crimson Trace lasergrip and 5 rounds in a snap break leather holster - 16 ounces.

The only time I carry the LCP now is when I'm wearing a tucked in shirt without a jacket and need absolute concealment. Then I need to pocket carry.

When I was in the market, the CM9 had just come out, and there weren't any in MA yet. That would have been my first choice if I could have found one.

i loved how slim the LC9 was for what it was: a nice, single-stack 9mm handgun. it did the job well, aside from that i hated the gun though so that's why i no longer own one.

my "regular" small carry gun is a glock 26, my "deep concealment" one is a P3AT, my "whatever" gun is a glock 17. this bad boy:

g17_zps7654d383.jpg~original

My EDC is a PM9, but I also used to have a Walther PPS which I believe was as slim if not slimmer than the PM9.

Nope, you're all wrong. Walther PPS. It's like a perfect little single stack Glock. Very thin but fits my hand perfectly. Much easier to shoot than a PM9/CM9. If you buy one, order a standard trigger disconnector for it and swap out the communist-state trigger connector that comes with the MA gun for it. The heavy trigger isn't awful, but the standard one is nicer.

This gun is so easy to carry that you'll always have it with you.

Just my two cents.

Nope, you're all wrong. Walther PPS. It's like a perfect little single stack Glock. Very thin but fits my hand perfectly. Much easier to shoot than a PM9/CM9. If you buy one, order a standard trigger disconnector for it and swap out the communist-state trigger connector that comes with the MA gun for it. The heavy trigger isn't awful, but the standard one is nicer.

This gun is so easy to carry that you'll always have it with you.

Just my two cents.

I agree the PPS is easy to conceal and light. It was just impossible for me to hit anything with it. So, it became an expensive hammer for me.

I traded it on a Glock 30SF and had no regrets. If he was in a free state, XDs in .45 ACP (or 9mm is about to come out as well) would be an alternative to the PPS. Alas, MA blows.

I agree the PPS is easy to conceal and light. It was just impossible for me to hit anything with it. So, it became an expensive hammer for me.

I traded it on a Glock 30SF and had no regrets. If he was in a free state, XDs in .45 ACP (or 9mm is about to come out as well) would be an alternative to the PPS. Alas, MA blows.

Just need to do the trigger job and it is a great shooter.

I'm kind of old school. Check out a S&W Model 3913. Simple, reliable, has a real hammer, and is very thin. Suggest Hogue grips as an option. The rounded trigger guard variant probably best for CC.

Back
Top Bottom