• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Slim Conceal Carry Gun in Mass Options , subcompact only.

Wife and I like ours very much as well.

Alternative Idea - Not a 9mm but you can't get smaller than this! Truly a masterpiece of design, form and function. Seecamp LSW .32! Love this gun. And yes, with Silvertip hollow points it will do what it needs to. Perfect with those who have a bad back or can't carry OWB. 6 in the magazine, one in the spout.

Alternative Idea - Not a 9mm but you can't get smaller than this! Truly a masterpiece of design, form and function. Seecamp LSW .32! Love this gun. And yes, with Silvertip hollow points it will do what it needs to. Perfect with those who have a bad back or can't carry OWB. 6 in the magazine, one in the spout.

I carry my Seecamp 32 on my left ankle @ 3 o'clock every day.

Wife and I like ours very much as well.

I love mine, my wife doesn't like the kick. She loves her Sig P-238

Oh no, I carry at 4 o'clock.

I carry my Glock 21 @ 8 o'clock.

If your belly allows it, try appendix. I bet your pain will go away.

I had my appendix removed years ago, and my pain did go away [rofl]

I owned and carried that little piece of machinists art from 1990 through 2008 when I bought an LCP. I do regret selling it. But there is better stuff out there for the weight.
Don

I LOVE my shield 9mm with the Apex trigger kit. Shoots very well and is very concealable.

At 50 feet, off the bench, I was getting 2" groups. For a compact personal defense handgun with iron sights, I don't see how you can get much better than that. This was with cheap ammo too.

I LOVE my shield 9mm with the Apex trigger kit. Shoots very well and is very concealable.

At 50 feet, off the bench, I was getting 2" groups. For a compact personal defense handgun with iron sights, I don't see how you can get much better than that. This was with cheap ammo too.

While thats good to hear. How do you do under more realistic conditions? Thats what matters. A 1 7/8" J frame is a tack driver from a rest, but most people don't shoot them well.

I'm not challenging your point in any way. Just adding to it. There is inherent accuracy and practical accuracy. I'd guess the Shield has decent practical accuracy also because of its decent grip (wish it was a little longer but thats must my opinion of a trade off) and good trigger with the Apex upgrade.

Don

At this point I'm sold on both the Shield and Walther PPS, if anyone has one for sale feel free to PM me. Yes i know this isnt the classifieds, but given how hard it is to find these guns in stores or on the classifieds this is worth a shot.

...carrying my Gen 4 G19 has given me some lower back pain. So I switched to carrying a lighter Gen 4 G26 which felt better but still getting back pain after any prolonged period of time...what's my best bet?

Chiropractic treatment worked for me. I suggest that you try that, before anything else.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkiDNqYuKg>

Last edited by a moderator:
While thats good to hear. How do you do under more realistic conditions? Thats what matters. A 1 7/8" J frame is a tack driver from a rest, but most people don't shoot them well.

I'm not challenging your point in any way. Just adding to it. There is inherent accuracy and practical accuracy. I'd guess the Shield has decent practical accuracy also because of its decent grip (wish it was a little longer but thats must my opinion of a trade off) and good trigger with the Apex upgrade.

Don

I completely see your point and agree 100%. To be honest, I do not shoot hand guns very well. However, I can shoot this gun very good. My first time at the range I fired 34 shots, in rapid succession from 50 feet, off hand standing up. It was about a 12" group. Every single shot would have hit an intruder or coyote in the chest. I am very happy with that for having very little experience with the gun.

Chiropractic treatment worked for me. I suggest that you try that, before anything else.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkiDNqYuKg>

She can adjust my back whenever she wants. I'll even adjust hers if she likes.. then she'd probably have to adjust mine again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on the PM9, but what holster is that?

It is a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB. I wanted to try a holster with Kydex on the outside.

I don't carry very often, and I am not working from a large sample size, but I am pleased with it. It is definitely well constructed.

We have both guns in stock for sale. Contact us for more info and purchase. New Walther PPS and a new S&W Shield both in 9mm.
413 579 1994
John

I would try apendix carry and your g26. I have a spare tire and easily carry a g26 anywhere from 1 o'clock to 3:30, it would be even easier if I lost the gut.

I would try apendix carry and your g26. I have a spare tire and easily carry a g26 anywhere from 1 o'clock to 3:30, it would be even easier if I lost the gut.

This! I daily carry my SR9c in a Crossbreed IWB for the most part, but now with lighter summer clothing, it is not as easy to conceal a larger "compact" like the SR (or G26) in the normal 3:30ish position. Sometime last winter while poking around a gun show, I bought a "Thunderwear" holster kind of on a whim since I like having options for concealed carry. I have to say that it is now one of my favorite methods for deep concealment, and if positioned properly is not only super comfortable, but is invisible even with a larger frame gun. What sold me on it was when the vendor pulled out not only a full sized 1911, but also a Glock, and I had no clue he had been carrying anything, as his shirt was tucked in and he had a belt on. I'm not a fan of pocket carry, so even when/if I buy a subcompact for summer carry, I will still use this method when I can't use a "normal" type of IWB holster. I can still draw way faster from my Crossbreed, but for times when I don't feel I can conceal properly with it, this method is far better than having my gun home in a safe! I can also carry an extra mag easily with this (or 2 if I wear this and keep the gun in the CB holster) without taking up pocket space needed for wallet, keys, etc. I feel that it would be well worth buying and experimenting with as it will be WAY cheaper than a new carry gun, and you can use it for concealing other stuff not even gun related, such as money, wallet etc. if you are in a place such as most of Europe where pickpockets are prevalent.[wink]

I carried my S&W Chief Special 45 in an owb for a while, after selling my Kahr k40 to buy it. Decided I didn't like being listed to 6+1 so I started carrying my xD45, also owb. I'm 6'3", 295ish. I almost never wear anything other than jeans and an untouched t-shirt, and have yet to have anybody call me out. I truly believe that most people just don't know or care, and even if they DO notice a lump wouldn't know the difference between a Leatherman, flashlight, or full on uzi!

Back
Top Bottom