Best Striker-Fired Handgun and Why?

I am extremely partial to my FNS-40... I've never owned a Glock, but have shot many and have concurred that they're simply not for me (*I'm not saying I do not like them*). Outside of Glock and what I believe to be the best, there is obviously a plethora of striker-fired handguns on the market. Which is your favorite, and what is it about it that you love so much?

I am extremely partial to my FNS-40... I've never owned a Glock, but have shot many and have concurred that they're simply not for me (*I'm not saying I do not like them*). Outside of Glock and what I believe to be the best, there is obviously a plethora of striker-fired handguns on the market. Which is your favorite, and what is it about it that you love so much?
HK P7. Because the trigger is better than any striker fired pistol I've ever shot. Squeeze cocker activated single action trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Short answer: Depends on what you like and how you shoot it.

Long answer:

I have Sig p320's, Glock 43,19,17,34 , HK VP9, and a CZ p10c. Have shot S&W's, Rugers, FN's, Walther's.
They are all fine and I like different things about each one.
I don't believe that there is such as a thing as the ONE perfect gun. (Which is why I keep getting more)

If I had to pick one it would probably still be a Glock 19, just because it is such a practical, reliable and shootable gun.
Also the aftermarket and custom options for the Glock are so deep that you can make it basically into anything you want. If that is your thing.

If you are talking bone stock:

-Out of the box I think the CZ P10c is a total winner, but I haven't had it long enough to have a fully formed opinion about it, but I really love it. The trigger is awesome and the ergos are on point. Going to get another one and get it cut for an RMR.

Next would be a p320. If you like Sigs (p22's) this is the most Sig like pistol. Almost perfect out to the box and tons of options for customization. Just dont drop it. [laugh]

Then bone stock Glock. Hate on the trigger, sights and whatever else. It gets the job done.

Finally VP9. On paper this should be a great gun. But I cant every get excited about it and I shoot it poorly. Grip is great, trigger good, sights good. Meh. Also I really dislike the trigger guard mag release.

I have been meaning to pick up an M&P but will probably wait for a M&P 2.0. I was hoping the FN 509 would be a winner, but so far it seems like a dud. The Walther PPQ seems like a contender, but the ergos being so similar to the VP9 has always turned me off in spite of the wicked trigger.

Glock is hands down the best striker fired pistol on the market, just by the reliability, simplicity of design, quality, number sold, etc.

2nd best... idk, i like the sig legion, 320, m&ps, they're all the same to me really.

Glock is hands down the best striker fired pistol on the market, just by the reliability, simplicity of design, quality, number sold, etc.

2nd best... idk, i like the sig legion, 320, m&ps, they're all the same to me really.

bba448005946246f36e8cbc0993dcb67.jpg

I want an all steel striker fired full sized double stack 9mm with 18 degree grip angle, with a end-user tune-able trigger. -That would be the best

Last edited:
Do I like Sigs? I LOVE them, and am actually going to be attempting an internship opportunity soon (fingers crossed I can get it)! I know my post makes it look like I 'hate' glocks, but truly don't... although maybe I do hate the triggers, but what striker-fired handgun has a 'perfect' trigger. Truth is, they just don't fit my hand and have a grip angle that isn't to my liking. Albeit, I still have a G17 that I take from the range from time to time. and throughout the weekend when I can carry, I have found my FNS to fit me the best. As far as Sigs go, I would love to pick up a 229 (used to love the 228's when they made them). Unfortunately, I make too many impulse buys to justify spending a grand on a handgun. I'm a guilty gun guy (as most of us are). I just happen to be younger, and don't have as much expendable income; a Sig will have to wait until I can afford it one day. I can't remember what is was, but I shot my friend's handgun the other day, and I want to say it was a Sphinx... but it wasn't. It was the cheaper, striker-fired variant. I really, really liked that thing. It actually felt similar to my FNS.

That looks promising, but it will be doing things many of existing guns already do, in a very flooded market.

What do you have against hammers.?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FWIW, the USPSA production nationals finishing order today was: Tanfo, Tanfo, P320, Tanfo, Walther.

So basically, the gun doesn't matter.

Sig P320

Short take up, clean simple break and short reset.

From a factory stock trigger.

I have a S+W 41 40 years old ... triggers are very similar ... well, the 41 is a lot lighter.

Sig 320 kicks butt

MA trigger is the same as all the others. MA has a NATO style safety where the others don't. FWIW, for me, the safety does not get in the way of tactical reload and slide release.

Glock is just too far ahead. I tried fighting it for awhile..

Some other guns are a bit better maybe but when you factor in everything.. nothing else can compete IMO.

The one you shoot best. For me that's a Glock, for my wife it's an M&P. I'd like to give the Sig P320 a try, the modular concept is cool, would really like it in a long slide version like my G34.

IMO Glock 19 best all around but my Canik has been getting the most love lately. I love the tp9sf as a range beater.

If you want standard cap mags in MA there is really only one choice: Glock. Plus they come with decent triggers.

Back
Top Bottom