• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Touch Up Paint - AR?

I'm looking for the best touch up paint for my AR (Flat Black). I just pinned the upper, and removed the accessory lug (thank you Massachusetts). I'd like to avoid anything that has to be baked on, and I would rather not have to take the barrel off the upper (I'd need to buy a barrel wrench).

I've looked at Aluma-Hyde II from Brownells, and Cold Blue by reference of Remsport, but neither seem to fit the bill.

I also tried using the search bar... but only found threads about Duracoat.

Thanks in advance.

I've got this paint pen by Birchwood Casey that I used to touch up the weld spot on my old AR's pinned brake and when I dremel'd off the bayo lug. It worked pretty good, IMO. I got it from Midway (product link).

I have short arms.. I buy A1 stocks which are an inch or so shorter than A 2, but DCM legal. I've found Rustoleum Bar-B-Q Black # 7778 to be a near perfect match. You can even paint your barrel if you like and it won't discolor.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I'm going to try the Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch... if that doesn't look good I'll disassemble and re-coat the whole barrel.

Back
Top Bottom