• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best way to make a purchase online

Important note about PP, never ever mention anything gun/2a related in the notes/comments. When I receive a PP, I make it clear that the buyer should not leave _any_ comments.

Yeah kinda like that. In theory anyways. Purchase was for $125 on Ebay. Shortly after the neg reps started piling up. A quick look at other completed sales clearly spelled disaster. Yeah I got $75 back but what a fiasco it ended up being and this was a clear cut scam. I’d hate to see how a transaction that just differed in opinion ended up...

Ebay should have refunded you the entire thing. Ebay typically takes the buyers side, even if they are in the wrong.

Lastly, to this thread, good luck getting the USPS and other LEO agencies to investigate the $200 or whatever money order you sent for goods that never arrived.

Important note about PP, never ever mention anything gun/2a related in the notes/comments. When I receive a PP, I make it clear that the buyer should not leave _any_ comments.

Ebay should have refunded you the entire thing. Ebay typically takes the buyers side, even if they are in the wrong.

Lastly, to this thread, good luck getting the USPS and other LEO agencies to investigate the $200 or whatever money order you sent for goods that never arrived.
A former FBI agent once told me if it’s less than 10k you can pound sand.

Get his address for a USPS money order.
a) This will give you a day or so to do research

Cross check his address for a residence and name on the internet.

Google his name,state etc.

Facebook.

Search his username on the forum for other forums he may belong to.

Takes 10 minutes.

If you aren't comfortable after that,eject.
Strongly agree with you.

Send a USPS money order so you can get his address,also if you get scammed is becomes Federal mail fraud.

If the guy won't accept a money order,bail.

I sent $5k with money orders once for a rifle..That was scary..I got the guys phone number and everything,but still scary as F.
I ended up doing the money order. His online footprint seemed to checkout and there is a crappy feedback system that I discovered on the other site, where he had a positive transaction or two. It’s not a place with active classifieds like here so I guess there’s less need for feedback.

Back
Top Bottom