• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Better Be Planting This Year. 2022+ And Up MEGATHREAD

I ordered 3 shrubs online.

They will arrive next week.

Do I bring them inside ? When can I out them outside?

When do I plant them?
They should have instructions. If not look online.

I ordered a dwarf nectarine tree. I asked them to ship as late as possible. But they send it the first week of March. Is looking a little droopy. They said I could keep in the in the garage for a few weeks but I'm hoping to plant it this week if this recent snow didn't re freeze the ground.

We planted three different types of garlic in October. They are all starting to pop up. Just set up shelving with grow lights for the wife. We have to start almost everything indoors around here. She even got warming pads and a plastic cover for the shelving to trap some humidity. Humidity is one thing we lack out here.

We planted three different types of garlic in October. They are all starting to pop up. Just set up shelving with grow lights for the wife. We have to start almost everything indoors around here. She even got warming pads and a plastic cover for the shelving to trap some humidity. Humidity is one thing we lack out here.
I started peppers, herbs and some cold hardy green for early transplant, 2 weeks ago. Next weekend will be tomatoes and some more herbs

Yesterday I started hot peppers, sweet peppers, paste tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, broccoli, celery, leeks, and oregano inside. Last year my then five year old helped me with all the seed starts and I let him sell the extras. He ended up making about $350 so this year his little brother (now 4) wants in too. They were incredibly helpful getting everything set up. And they will now help me every day with the plants. And they are excited to do it.

Summer of 2022 this was my oregano harvest. Someone here asked me what I was going to do with all of it. Well it is just about gone now about 1.5 years later. And I ended up having to ration it. I had no idea I loved oregano so much. But it is incredible on pizza, pasta, soup, eggs, and probably lots of other things. I plan to grow double this year.

IMG_1981.jpeg

Yesterday I started hot peppers, sweet peppers, paste tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, broccoli, celery, leeks, and oregano inside. Last year my then five year old helped me with all the seed starts and I let him sell the extras. He ended up making about $350 so this year his little brother (now 4) wants in too. They were incredibly helpful getting everything set up. And they will now help me every day with the plants. And they are excited to do it.

Summer of 2022 this was my oregano harvest. Someone here asked me what I was going to do with all of it. Well it is just about gone now about 1.5 years later. And I ended up having to ration it. I had no idea I loved oregano so much. But it is incredible on pizza, pasta, soup, eggs, and probably lots of other things. I plan to grow double this year.

View attachment 867891
Leave some of that to flower and go to seed and not only will the bees appreciate it, you will never have to worry about planting oregano again.

Back
Top Bottom