Better Be Planting This Year. 2022+ And Up MEGATHREAD

I didn't know orange or white cucumbers existed. Do they taste normal?

View attachment 645804
Looks like the boothbay blondes I grew. Agree with Eden - taste pretty normal but best smaller. I have been neglecting my garden so I keep getting ones that are big like that. Cut it in half and scoop out the seeds or just cut off the outer 1” or so to eat. I’m not sure I will grow that variety again. They were cool but they go from a little too small to way too big in about a day - like zucchini.

I didn't know orange or white cucumbers existed. Do they taste normal?
Heat stress, overwatering, nutrient deficiencies and in some cases fungal, can cause that. I'm sure there are other reasons too...

What kind of sorcery is this?
Something used the “have a heart “as a dining room.
Brought a summer squash right inside.
Trap works fine when you touch the trigger plate
Did you ask the maître d' ??? [rofl]

Not exactly related to this thread, but same premise. Wife and I picked up some corn at $.37 an ear. Currently getting set up to can the first two dozen ears. Freaking hot outside, taking turns being in the heat and being in the AC.

The corn I planted is coming along nicely. Should know in a few days how many ears were pollinated out of the 32 (I think) that came up.

Not exactly related to this thread, but same premise. Wife and I picked up some corn at $.37 an ear. Currently getting set up to can the first two dozen ears. Freaking hot outside, taking turns being in the heat and being in the AC.

The corn I planted is coming along nicely. Should know in a few days how many ears were pollinated out of the 32 (I think) that came up.

First run done. Haven't tasted it yet, obviously (the canned corn. raw off the cob was delish), and we are averaging two ears per pint.

Have had family members telling us it wasn't worth it, we overpaid, etc. Bullshit. I know where the corn came from, how they raised it, and what went into the pints I now have on my shelf. Not to mention we are paying less per pint than a can of rando ingredient corn currently on the store shelf.

f*** 'em.

Last edited:
The Daikon Radish I planted 4 weeks ago are thriving and the greens are very tasty. Olive oil, salt and pepper...

Planted in a sun/shade mix area.

What the hell is eating my tomatoes?
Wife said she saw a rat running under the shed nearby today but I searched for rat poop pictures and apparently they don’t drop pellets like you see here. So what is it? Set my have a heart and a game came so hopefully see something tonight. We did have some holes getting dug into the chicken coop area but are storing their feed in a metal trash can at night and no holes since.

1EF33D2A-FF87-402A-812A-C6414895BDD3.jpeg

Wife said she saw a rat running under the shed nearby today but I searched for rat poop pictures and apparently they don’t drop pellets like you see here. So what is it? Set my have a heart and a game came so hopefully see something tonight. We did have some holes getting dug into the chicken coop area but are storing their feed in a metal trash can at night and no holes since.

View attachment 647931
Rabbit

View attachment 647931
Tomato worm....see all those black poop pellets? They're from one of these.1659999212703.png

If you see one with white cocoons on it's back, it has been visited by a parasitic wasp that lays its eggs on the worm and they eventually kill it.1659999356559.png

Back
Top Bottom