Biden’s FBI Announces that Certain Gun Purchases Will Be Delayed Starting Next Week

No, I very specially said that a delayed background check to further investigate the backgrounds of people 18-24 may not be a bad thing.

Such a pause would probably have stopped Parkland and Ulvade, two shooters who had significant history that had been ignored.

Nowhere have I said anything about denying anyone without a history of violence, nor have I stated all kinds of people- its clearly targeted at an age group and demographic that is prone to school shootings, not everyone.

If you bothered to read, the delay is to investigate juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition- as in, juveniles who are prohibited persons, but have not had their juvenile records reported to NICS.

This is pretty straight forward- you can't come out of 2 years forced incarceration for psychosis as an adult and buy a gun, you shouldn't be able to as a kid. Currently, juvenile records like that are falling though the cracks and it's what this is aiming to stop.

Eventually those records will be reported to NICS and the delays will stop.
How long is an acceptable delay? Until they finish the background check? So basically forever.

They can’t even complete a background check on me ever. If this law affected me that just means I just never get a gun.

Maybe there should be a delay before you’re allowed to talk, practice your religion, Maybe the police should be able to search your house and take your property and then get a warrant later. That’s not how any of this is supposed to work. I don’t care if it saves a child’s life or not.

"Certain" guns? 🤔

so, any mag-fed semi-auto?
1668115352005.png1668115508263.png

If I become a criminal overnight for owning semi-automatic firearms, why wouldn't I want to go "all-in" and make some of them full-automatic...? 🤔

How long is an acceptable delay? Until they finish the background check? So basically forever.

They can’t even complete a background check on me ever. If this law affected me that just means I just never get a gun.

Maybe there should be a delay before you’re allowed to talk, practice your religion, Maybe the police should be able to search your house and take your property and then get a warrant later. That’s not how any of this is supposed to work. I don’t care if it saves a child’s life or not.
The "acceptable" delay is already built into the NICS law, and it didn't change as far as I can see, which means 3 busniess days.

This pre-crime stuff is really the stuff of totalitarian regimes. Whether it's background checks as a sign of future behavior, stop and frisk, you name it. It's making a 'connect the dot' puzzle out of anyone no matter one's life experience.

As far as I can see there is no pre crime here, there's collecting reporting that wasn't shared by nature of age. You can't be released from 2 years of involuntary commitment as an adult, you shouldn't be able to as a kid either.

So many of you are clutching to the pearls of hate and vitriol of the system you're literally missing the face value of the point- to stop kids from killing other kids by collecting the unreported juvenile data that would lead them to be prohibited persons.

We should all be able to agree less Ulvade's and Parklands is a good thing.

Those who give up essential liberty to purchase temporary something something....

You trust the system, who many times had multiple calls directly to FBI saying bad shit is going to happen (37 police encounters i think), who knew the Tsarnaevs were up to some bad shit internationally, who then "ignored" it, to do the right thing? Looks who's at the controls! You trust them Drix? Wow

There should be a long delay before an 18 year old male registers for selective service. What do you think the teenager will be issued in the military? A slingshot?

So many of you are clutching to the pearls of hate and vitriol of the system you're literally missing the face value of the point- to stop kids from killing other kids by collecting the unreported juvenile data that would lead them to be prohibited persons.

How many regular kids are going to get boned over in this effort to stop what is a statistically insignificant problem? And if a kid really wants to shoot a school how hard is it going to be for him to get his hands on a gun illegally in most of the country?

ETA - silly me, we're not even talking about kids, we're talking about full blown adults that are getting screwed.

If the kid is subject to selective service to fight and die in the name of this nation- holding a rifle, no less, there is no justification hiding behind the guise of "safety" that he should be denied the exercise of his rights like anyone else.

Delayed is denied. Stop throwing your countrymen under the bus under the guise of "safety".

So your solution is to increase the clinical instance of depression because 4 in 1000 adolescents on ssri's have increased suicidal ideation?

From a medical standpoint, this is counter intuitive.

Given the studies they don't work for the purpose claimed, I hate to tell you- it isn't counter intuitive at all.

The "acceptable" delay is already built into the NICS law, and it didn't change as far as I can see, which means 3 busniess days.

As far as I can see there is no pre crime here, there's collecting reporting that wasn't shared by nature of age. You can't be released from 2 years of involuntary commitment as an adult, you shouldn't be able to as a kid either.

What percentage of school shootings would have definitively been prevented by this?
Not should be or could be, a definitive would be stopped.

If it's less than 100% then it's wrong to impose the infringement on thousands of innocent adults (If it's 100%, it's still wrong but at least your argument would have some evidence to support it)

Making a kid wait 10 days when and let's honest, the shooters would have flown through background checks isn't proving anything. If they're hell bent on shooting up a school what difference does it make between tomorrow or a week from now?

So your solution is to increase the clinical instance of depression because 4 in 1000 adolescents on ssri's have increased suicidal ideation?

From a medical standpoint, this is counter intuitive.

Now that you have a bigger suicidal population, gun violence will go down?
Self solving problem. If they're really suicidal a gun isn't a factor. Waiting period to buy rope? Restricted access to tall buildings? Child proof locks on ovens?
The reason we have half these problems is everyone is overmedicated and under equipped to deal with reality.
Prescribing more medication would seem IDK ...counterintuitive?

Any age limits around firearms should be the parents responsibility alone until the child reaches adulthood. the same way it always used to be before the gov started becoming this f***ing nanny squad of pencil neck geeks, perverts and crooks.

So what happens to all the young men and women that move out at age 18 to live on their own? They’re legal adults and as such should be afforded the right to defend their homes without fear of legal repercussions.

But, if they don’t already own a firearm, they’re only one bad relationship or stalker away from ending up in fear for their life, like f***ing right away level afraid.

Someone they know/met/dated/whatever has shown up at their door, tipping the crazy scale and said they’re going to come back and kill them this very day.

Now what? Cops either can’t or won’t do much. Restraining orders are useless.

These fine young Americans will receive their precious proceed letter two weeks after they were pronounced and buried. Who’s life is being saved by this? They’re trading one family’s tragedy for another. This cannot be their best solution.

If only Parkland wasn't pushing kids through (Obama Era "diversion programs") without dealing with the problems they were causing. Cruz would've had red flags all over his record if the school actually followed through, alerted the police and prosecuted even a fraction of what the kid got away with

No, I very specially said that a delayed background check to further investigate the backgrounds of people 18-24 may not be a bad thing.

Such a pause would probably have stopped Parkland and Ulvade, two shooters who had significant history that had been ignored.

Maybe, a big maybe in Ulvade. Parkland shooter bought his guns a year before the shooting. Ulvade shooter purchased 2 days before. Unless your argument is that the Uvalde shooter would have been cured or discovered within the remaining proposed waiting period the delay would have only delayed the inevitable.

I'm no mental health expert, but if I were to venture a guess, someone who is so unstable they have reached a point of being willing to commit a heinous crime probably does not care if they do it on the 7th, 17th or 27th of a month.

What other waiting periods do you propose for the Constitutionally granted rights of young adults?

The entire concept of extended background checks is just as flawed as the background checks themselves.
Never once has a background check saved a life.

There’s plenty of ways to kill people

Thanks Prez Trump for helping us lose the senate and house, and pres, in 2020, and make everything questionable now in 2022 Are you going to STFU or make sure that the dems win again in 2024? Keeping fuquing things up and there will be 21 members of scotus and no gun rights. Thanks azzhole.

Back
Top Bottom