• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big E Gun Show - June 4 & 5, 2005

I don't think I want to break my record of "0" posts on TFL, so I'll pass on responding there to the referenced thread. It is found at:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e53cda19b605451fe2483f81a8669a91&t=172447

Interesting thread but both severely lacking in hard info and extremely dangerous "advice" being given there!

- Buyer has no idea what model S&W gun he bought.
- Nobody mentioned or asked what ammo he used! He might have caused the damage himself.
- Checking Little Wolf's prior posts, I get a strong suspicion that he's from NH and if so, it was ILLEGAL (per MGLs) for him to purchase a handgun in MA!! [I have seen what looks like out-of-state FFLs selling to out-of-state people (e.g. NH FFL at MA show maybe selling to NH resident), but AFAIK this is illegal per BATF. IIRC, BATF "extends" the FFLs "licensed premises" to a SAME STATE gun show only, so that if I am correct, a NH FFL could only sell guns to an FFL at a MA gun show. I MAY BE WRONG HERE, but he'd be wise here to tread lightly at getting any "authorities" in the picture.] Per MGLs ONLY MA Residents can purchase guns, ammo or mags in a MA gun show OR from a MA FFL (and all out-of-state dealers must get a MA License to sell ammo to sell any ammo or mags in MA or to MA Residents . . . that's the AG's edict).
- Advice to go to MA AG, if followed may well lead to one less FFL in MA and a total shutdown of all gun shows in the state!
- This guy is all panicked that the dealer screwed him, never thought that perhaps the dealer didn't know of internal problems (they don't do a "gunsmith full inspection of all parts prior to reselling a trade-in gun"), probably has no idea that these old Airweights aren't designed for +P+ ammo (that might legitimately damage the gun), or that S&W is probably the best bet to get it repaired and will thoroughly inspect the gun for any other hidden problems, or that the gun dealer may well ship it back to S&W for him to get it repaired.
- If Lone Wolf follows City Slicker's advice, the end of all MA gun shows is right around the corner! CS's reaction is that of the stereotypical NY'r (he's from NYC) . . . the dealer was out to screw him and thus it is now his turn to screw the dealer by reporting him all over the place, get the dealer's licenses pulled, sue him, get the AG after him (AND ALL OF US!), etc. Bad News!!

And all this is even before the buyer contacts the seller about the problem.

This is a clear case of "we have met the enemy, and it is us!"

AAA GUNS?

Mrs. WildWeasel - you mention AAA Guns. I haven't been yet, but I'm out this way. Is it any good? Selection, price? etc.

They have decent selection,both pistols and evil black rifles,reloading supplies,holsters. Decent prices you can find a deal there if you know what you are looking for. 3 out of 4 stars,hubby gives it.

Back
Top Bottom