• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big E Gun Show: March 11 - 12 2017

I was going to go to this show this weekend, but I went to the one in Sturbridge a few weeks ago. Not many guns, but a lot of military gears and relics. I left disappointed.

I may try to get by on Sunday. Always looking for a few odds and ends that are hard to fins in the LGSs.

Will there be any decent prices on ammo or is it a waste considering parking and admission?

Will there be any decent prices on ammo or is it a waste considering parking and admission?

Generally no, unless you find something which you have been unable to find locally and could really use.

Last edited:
Thx guys I'll pass. It seems like a prime opportunity for a licensed ammo dealer to make a few bucks, I'm suprised there's only one vendor.

Thx guys I'll pass. It seems like a prime opportunity for a licensed ammo dealer to make a few bucks, I'm suprised there's only one vendor.

Don't be. Big E stupid rules, they disallow any ammo, powder or primers from inside their building during the gunshows. So they put up a small tent and allow 1 ammo dealer (arrogant Steve from NY) and sometimes a reloading supply vendor under the tent. With no competition from other vendors, Steve has a field day and jacks up his prices.

It's that simple. Blame it all on the venue. It's the only venue with this rule.

The last Big E show I went to fire marshal was busting balls about table coverings not having non flammable labels and i believe they had to fire fighters on detail such BS I dunno why they don't find another venue

The last Big E show I went to fire marshal was busting balls about table coverings not having non flammable labels and i believe they had to fire fighters on detail such BS I dunno why they don't find another venue

If you can come out here and find another venue of appropriate size that would even host a gun show you are free to do it.

I can't.....have a mandatory gun club meeting tomorrow and then taking the wife and oldest to the PD to submit their applications for an LTC and FID respectively.

Have there been AR parts at other Mass gun shows?

Years ago when I used to go to the Big E show, there was a vendor from Ohio that ONLY did that show, multiple tables with all AR parts/uppers/etc. This was back when there really were more than 500 occupied tables at that show. Don't recall who it was and no idea if he still does that show.

I can't.....have a mandatory gun club meeting tomorrow and then taking the wife and oldest to the PD to submit their applications for an LTC and FID respectively.

Better use of your time. Good luck!

Years ago when I used to go to the Big E show, there was a vendor from Ohio that ONLY did that show, multiple tables with all AR parts/uppers/etc. This was back when there really were more than 500 occupied tables at that show. Don't recall who it was and no idea if he still does that show.

Better use of your time. Good luck!

They haven't done the show in years but I believe that this is their website;
http://www.sherluk.com/

Well ya know I went maybe a year and a half ago and got pmags with out any issues...20 rounders and 30 rounders. I couldn't believe hey we're selling them. So why couldn't they sell AR parts... shouldn't be any issues. But who knows.

Maybe if someone goes they can report back.

Don't be. Big E stupid rules, they disallow any ammo, powder or primers from inside their building during the gunshows. So they put up a small tent and allow 1 ammo dealer (arrogant Steve from NY) and sometimes a reloading supply vendor under the tent. With no competition from other vendors, Steve has a field day and jacks up his prices.

It's that simple. Blame it all on the venue. It's the only venue with this rule.

The ammo rule is a result of a discharged shotgun many years ago..............IIRC, it was a loaded shotgun that the seller did not realize was loaded. A customer was looking at it, pointed it at the ceiling and pulled the trigger. The ricocheting shot bounced off the ceiling structure and hit a woman in the neck. Not a life threatening injury, but one that resulted in this rule at all Big E shows. As usual, many times, we gun owners are our own worst enemy.

The ammo rule is a result of a discharged shotgun many years ago..............IIRC, it was a loaded shotgun that the seller did not realize was loaded. A customer was looking at it, pointed it at the ceiling and pulled the trigger. The ricocheting shot bounced off the ceiling structure and hit a woman in the neck. Not a life threatening injury, but one that resulted in this rule at all Big E shows. As usual, many times, we gun owners are our own worst enemy.

Seems it.

Back
Top Bottom