• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big E gun show worth it?

I went by myself on Saturday. I like it that way. Saw some guys I knew. Slowly did a a walking scan of the whole place and wound up leaving with three 20 rd AR mags as I only had one. I like the 20 rounders. I was there for about 3 hours and it was quite relaxing. Saw stuff I wanted, but reasoned myself out of it....

Last edited:
There was a guy who had a table full of pre ban glock mags for $10 each. I bought the whole tables worth at 9:05 Saturday, and I don't even own a Glock. Ya gotta get there early or all the deals will be gone!
That is what I figured, I was looking for some preban Beretta 92 mags and he didn't have any preban pistol mags left. I thought getting there at 9:30-9:45 was early!!! lol :D

wound up leaving with three 20 rd AR mags as I only had one. I like the 20 rounders.
IMO, they're the best size mag for the AR. The size makes them light and easy to carry, better for shooting prone, better for moving around in brush (don't have a veritable hook to get caught on stuff) and they're nostalgic. The only reason the military went to 30 rd mags was because the soldiers demanded it. Shooting full auto might be where the 30's have an advantage over the 20's, less reloading.

For the semi auto AR, the 20 rd mags is perfectly fine. That's not to say that they're aren't times a 30 or 40 rd magpul mag isn't a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom