Big E gun show worth it?

I used to go. Then they closed Chi-Chi's. :(. If I'm driving at least an hour, there better be food I can't get elsewhere. Which is why I don't race to Sturbridge anymore. BT's is great, but Kinfolk is 3 min from my house. But I still can't beat the meatball lasagna at Linguine's in Marlboro. That area is a nightmare for traffic by the time you get out on a Saturday as well. Considering how many Massachusetts cities were cruelly bisected by the interstate system, you'd think that 91 and 90 would intersect RIGHT AT the fairgrounds.

I was never real impressed with Springfield. Although I think I bought one of my Glocks there back in the day. One guy had a pile of pre-bans, full-auto and good black striker-fired guns 15-18 years ago. He was against the back wall. I think I bought a Glock from him. I THINK. As I go through the #'s that I've owned, I can't for the life of me figure out which one. LOL. Maybe it was just a cool booth.

ATF used to have a table at the show to answer questions. Most of the answers to questions were, "Well, that's on a case-by-case basis." Hey dummy - no one is gonna ask you the easy questions here. I did finally pin him down on an answer. (Some guy was selling a whole lot of 500 or so old MA-manf. revolvers from 100 yrs ago. It was something like $10,000 to get rid of them. All C&R. I was asking about what was considered "in business". I guess 500 revolvers were "in business" no matter what you sell them for. LOL)
I bought a Glock there in 2004, last time I went. Latitudes is across the street, very good food.

There's also a car/motorsports show this weekend, in a different building on the fairgrounds, if anyone is interested.
Separate admission charge, obviously.

Barry
I wonder if they will charge a separate parking fee too? [devil]

Also, no discount with NRA or GOAL membership cards. $12/person. You can DL a $1 off coupon off the promoter's website however.

I would expect a parking fee they charge $5 for parking at the Big E, sportsman’s, and woodworking shows.

Bob
My sarcastic question was that if you already paid $5 to park for the gun show and then went to the other show on the same property would they hit you up for another $5 parking fee for the second show. I wasn't being serious!

The parking was atrocious. No signs anywhere. I noticed the police at the door had plastic bags with loaded magazines from people who were carrying to give back after they were finished. They asked at the door if I was carrying!

The parking was atrocious. No signs anywhere. I noticed the police at the door had plastic bags with loaded magazines from people who were carrying to give back after they were finished. They asked at the door if I was carrying!
So now they take the ammo and the mag. I think I would want to put my initials on my mag to be sure I got "my" mag back.

Show was better then I expected.
Guy at door asked if I was carrying no answer from me just walked by him.
Ended up buying a mag for my Remington 511 and found an old fly reel.

My sarcastic question was that if you already paid $5 to park for the gun show and then went to the other show on the same property would they hit you up for another $5 parking fee for the second show. I wasn't being serious!

That went right over my head this morning. DOH

Bob

My son and I plan on going tomorrow. Hopefully the forecasted weather does not scare off any dealers. Will be wearing my black Molon Labe hat if any others NESers are there.

Well I had a good day at the show, got 5 ammo cans for $15 a garand action wrench for 1/2 price from brownells (It was new) Found a mag I needed and best of all found a very nice original finish 1927 systema Colt .45 (minor holster wear) For well Under Gunbroker prices. and was able to use my c&r on that.

It was a unicorn kind of day LOL.

Last edited:
Tapatio: rt 20 in Marlboro
Great Mexican food
$2/tacos
$4/beers such as Lagunitas

How can you go wrong?
Btw, the word, Chichi, in Mexico is slang for boobs, so enjoy your meal!

Tapatio: rt 20 in Marlboro
Great Mexican food
$2/tacos
$4/beers such as Lagunitas

How can you go wrong?
Btw, the word, Chichi, in Mexico is slang for boobs, so enjoy your meal!

That may be all well and good, but is it an easy drive from the Big E?

Visit the dispensary first, use your LTC for ID, then go to the show. Went twice a few years ago, waste of time

It’s good if you have kids in tow, plenty of room to let them run in the unused part of the building.

For me, when I saw the signs saying no weapons at the Big E, I stopped going. Eff the big e, their gun show, car show and whatever else.

People were complaining about gun shows, as well as plotting their demise, well before the Internet.

I picked up a Sissy Colt back when they were all over. Maybe $400? $300? It was cheap whatever it was. Lol

Picked up some random parts, a few magazines for the 1911, a mag for the Glenfield, Swede Mauser stripper clips, talked about BSAs with the local expert, had lunch with the kiddo so all in all not a bad day.

I saw maybe 2 preban Glock 22 mags from two separate dealers($75!). The magazine guy with 7+ tables didn't seem to have a single one, and I got there at 9:45 on Saturday. Unless he told them all in the first half hour.
There was a guy who had a table full of pre ban glock mags for $10 each. I bought the whole tables worth at 9:05 Saturday, and I don't even own a Glock. Ya gotta get there early or all the deals will be gone!

Back
Top Bottom