• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black LA residents lack access to guns as wealthy rush to buy firearms amid crime wave: Activists

Reptile

NES Member

Gun control measures were 'created to stop melanated beings from having the means to exercise their human right,' activist Maj Toure said​

Los Angeles crimes have seeped into the wealthiest of neighborhoods, rocking residents and being compared to dystopian movie franchise "The Purge." Residents have flocked to Beverly Hill's only gun store in response, arming themselves as a last-ditch effort for protection even though the city has a long track record of supporting liberal policies and gun control.

"Although that is a part of my living, I get no pleasure whatsoever by having a 60-, 70-year-old woman walk into my store … who looks terrified, and say, ‘I have never liked guns. In fact, I've even hated guns. I would have never considered buying one. But I'm so afraid for my life,’" Beverly Hills Guns owner Russell Stuart recounted to Fox News Digital on Sunday. "Especially women who live on their own."

Stuart is the owner of the only gun shop in Beverly Hills and his clients include business owners, prominent actors, real estate moguls and film executives, with many of them buying guns for the first time.

But in Los Angeles, gun control measures have historically received strong support.

A poll over the summer found 66% of Los Angeles residents see gun control as an effective measure against gun crimes, while 56% of voters across the state believe stronger laws restricting the sale and possession of guns help mitigate gun crimes, according to the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll, which was co-sponsored by the Los Angeles Times.

Los Angeles is a Democratic stronghold and overwhelmingly voted for President Biden, at 71%, over former President Trump in the 2020 election. The trend stretches back decades, with Los Angeles County voters last voting for a Republican presidential candidate in 1988. The last Republican to hold the office of mayor was Richard Joseph Riordan, elected in 1993.

Continues...

A poll over the summer found 66% of Los Angeles residents see gun control as an effective measure against gun crimes, while 56% of voters across the state believe stronger laws restricting the sale and possession of guns help mitigate gun crimes, according to the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll, which was co-sponsored by the Los Angeles Times.

So, 2/3rds of LA are sheep. My best home defense is having clueless neighbors who are the easy prey for the wolves.

C2768460-F2B6-4865-8C43-E22DB44F7504.jpeg 50048B1C-3FBF-48DB-B105-6C606DF3A56F.jpeg

Blacks from LA to Long Beach aren’t going to gun stores to get strapped! They have their own market, why would they need a gun store?

Blacks from LA to Long Beach aren’t going to gun stores to get strapped! They have their own market, why would they need a gun store?

This^

For 50 years the dems have kept telling us that getting a gun was easier than getting a library book, you can buy a gun on any street corner.
And there are more federal and state laws regulating the manufacture and sales of teddy bears than for guns.
Could it be that they've been lying to everyone all this time ??? [shocked]

what does registered guns mean? guns that were purchased through dealers?

s-l300.jpg

So, 2/3rds of LA are sheep. My best home defense is having clueless neighbors who are the easy prey for the wolves.

View attachment 562885View attachment 562886
Pretty sure that "registered" refers to the NFA registry. A few groups have started using it as an imperfect analog for general gun ownership. Of course, that gets skewed in states like MA where it's significantly harder to get into that hobby because of the additional licensing requirements.

Umm, what about the rest of us?🤔
He wants everyone armed who would like to be. He works in the Black community, because he has a personal relationship to it.

I have absolutely no problem with Black families* in L.A. (or anywhere else for that matter) having access to affordable guns and ammunition to protect themselves from Animals...

Godspeed...

*Goes for families of any color, any race, any religion. They just have to be Good...

Its all that people that watch those shitty cop shows like CSI know. EVERY gun is either "registered" or its illegal. Nothing else, and no other state laws, or private sale apply.
I live in Maine and people are still completely confused when I tell them that NO firearms are registered in Maine. They have so many questions. Its all from watching those BS cop shows on TV.

RC

Its all that people that watch those shitty cop shows like CSI know. EVERY gun is either "registered" or its illegal. Nothing else, and no other state laws, or private sale apply.
Cheer up; it's also supposed to be causing juries to acquit defendants that are guilty as sin.

I have absolutely no problem with Black families* in L.A. (or anywhere else for that matter) having access to affordable guns and ammunition to protect themselves from Animals...

Godspeed...

*Goes for families of any color, any race, any religion. They just have to be Good...

There lies the rub, having a legal access to affordable guns and ammunition. Gaining it in MA is bad enough, places like NYC, LA or SF are horrific. I've always felt that "may issue" is a way of preventing it in and of itself. If you want to do it right and not getting something clapped out, add in the mysterious "approved roster" which limits your picks, required courses, licensing (with a CLEO's wink and a nod if he approves of how you dress) and associated fees, having the time to do all of it, finding a place to practice and firearm check (unless you can tag along with somebody), dealing with a cities own ordinances on what you can own, various accruements like spare mags using a semi, speed loaders or strips for a revolver, a holster, mag/speed carrier, ammunition, clean gear, more ammunition and so on. Starting from scratch and being a sellers market right now along with rising inflation and shortages you're into it for about a grand at least money wise plus time. There's a lot of people deciding to either eat or pay rent as it is.

JPFo_Org did a great series of articles in the 90’s with the title “Gun Control is Racist”. They showed how gun control was used to disarm certain target populations which led to the genocide of those people within forty years.

NYC’s Sullivan Act of 1911 was enacted specifically to keep “dagoes” from getting guns. (Disclaimer: I’m 3rd generation Italian)

Back
Top Bottom