black powder revolver posession...

Quick question...
according to what I can find, BP firearms are exempt from RSA 129... But... as this part of the 2017 revision states...
"There are no state licensing requirements for the possession of rifles, shotguns or handguns. It is unlawful for any person who has been convicted of a felony to own, possess or control any firearm."

Seeing as BP revolvers, antique as well as replicas using traditional "ammunition" are exempt... Not a firearm.
The above should be an exemption as well, no?

Can a felon (30 yo non-violent plea) legally carry and possess BP pistols in NH?

This is apparently a tough question...
No one here can chime in and NHstate policecant answer, nor the AG'soffice and still waiting on a callback from NH atf...

Didn't think it would 've so difficult to want to follow the law.

Quick question...
according to what I can find, BP firearms are exempt from RSA 129... But... as this part of the 2017 revision states...
"There are no state licensing requirements for the possession of rifles, shotguns or handguns. It is unlawful for any person who has been convicted of a felony to own, possess or control any firearm."

Seeing as BP revolvers, antique as well as replicas using traditional "ammunition" are exempt... Not a firearm.
The above should be an exemption as well, no?

Can a felon (30 yo non-violent plea) legally carry and possess BP pistols in NH?

Unfortunately, the state police pointed to the RSA and its true, nothing really there.
Googled every way I could think of and nothing...
So....

Flags: Member since Jan 2017 and has 5 posts. o_O
Admits to being a felon o_O

If not a sting, then the OP needs to think really long about this. OR, consult with an actual firearms attorney to get actual legal advise from someone that SHOULD have a definitive answer.
Otherwise, OP is going to jail (again?)...

Oh, and IBTL...

[rofl2]

First of all, no need to be an @$$...
Never been to jail, never going to jail.

Second, I'm in a "laws"forum...
Asking if anyone new of the NH laws regarding my situation...

A sting... Gimme a break.
SMH...

But, thanks for the help!
One of the reasons to not be an avid poster... Too many idiots thinking they're better than another.

Now the mods can lock or delete.

First of all, no need to be an @$$...
Never been to jail, never going to jail.

Second, I'm in a "laws"forum...
Asking if anyone new of the NH laws regarding my situation...

A sting... Gimme a break.
SMH...

But, thanks for the help!
One of the reasons to not be an avid poster... Too many idiots thinking they're better than another.

Now the mods can lock or delete.

Your question is a little out of the blue, but quite specific. Not unusual for folks in a forum to be skeptical of your intent. I'm not in NH and can't help, but if you want to catch a break just roll with the jokes and (politely) keep the thread refreshed periodically to see if anyone has anything constructive to add regarding a specific law or something else you can independently verify.

At this point, I have to agree with the advice to check with a firearms attorney in your local area- seems that the stakes are too high to trust the usual internet banter. Assuming you are serious- good luck and please post your findings in case it could help others.

If seeking legal advise, one should consult a lawyer, not an internet forum.
^ x100000

Or get yourself some airsoft "guns" like seems to be a fad with some (noobs posting here).

Seriously, IF you REALLY do want/need legal advice contact a lawyer that has expertise in that.

I would doubt that you count CC in NH (or anywhere) since being a felon you're a PP. But you'd still be better off talking to a lawyer that specializes in firearm laws.

At this point, I have to agree with the advice to check with a firearms attorney in your local area- seems that the stakes are too high to trust the usual internet banter. Assuming you are serious- good luck and please post your findings in case it could help others.
Why would he post his findings here? To get flamed? As someone above mentioned, why not consult an attorney instead of an internet forum? Apparently, everyone uses an attorney out the gate rather than getting an educated answer (or source), that they can then verify with an attorney. Just sayin'. ;)

ANTIQUES AND REPLICAS

Antiques, defined as any handgun "utilizing an early type of ignition," such as flintlocks, percussion and pin fires, are exempt from the above regulations. No handgun which utilizes centerfire or rimfire cartridges will be considered an antique.

SOURCES

N.H. Rev. Ann. secs. 159.1; 159.3-159.8b; 159.11-159.21; 159-D: 1-3; 207:3-a; 207:3-c

Source but not checked for accuracy: NRA's Gun Law Guide

Straight from the post titled "NH Firearms Laws", in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom