• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Powder

Broc

NES Member
I know this has been asked before, but couldn't find a good thread.

Now that Hunter Rendezvous is closed, are there any other places besides Maine Powder House or KTP to buy BP?

I know MPH sells SWISS and HR used to sell SWISS.

Is KTP carrying SWSS now that GOEX stopped production?

Adding: I am trying to avoid shipping due to some upcoming travel, might not be around and don't need a package that says "explosives" all over sitting outside.

Last edited:
Doesn't Callaghan's Firearms in Marlboro deal in blackpowder stuff?
I was not aware that it was still open as the sign was removed a few years ago that you could see from Main St and the domain is no longer active. I live about a mile away.

Wildlife Sport outfitters,
2188 Candia rd
Manchester NH

a mile from my office
Thank you. Called them, they have 1F and 4F GOEX.

I thought GOEX stopped production. I thought everyone would start carrying SWISS.

FYI...

Stopped by Hunters. They had 1.5 SWISS and still have a pound left and a couple pounds of something else.

The guy told me he will be ordering more in a week, so give him a call if you need anything.

@RumRunner
@Road_Clam

Last edited:
I know this has been asked before, but couldn't find a good thread.

Now that Hunter Rendezvous is closed, are there any other places besides Maine Powder House or KTP to buy BP?

I know MPH sells SWISS and HR used to sell SWISS.

Is KTP carrying SWSS now that GOEX stopped production?

Adding: I am trying to avoid shipping due to some upcoming travel, might not be around and don't need a package that says "explosives" all over sitting outside.

Estes bought the GOEX facility at the beginning of the year and plans to, or has, resume production.

The Fire Marshals of some cities and towns require that it be stored in a flammables cabinet so it isn’t always on the shelf if they have it. Yo have to ask if you don’t see it.

I primarily have gotten mine at Cabelas in East Hartford and Nicks Sporting Goods in Palmer. At Nicks it was always out back in a flammables cabinet.

Another source is the black power range at your local club. Usually a group of members often get together and buy in bulk.

Bob

FYI...

Stopped by Hunters. They had 1.5 SWISS and still have a pound left and a couple pounds of something else.

The guy told me he will be ordering more in a week, so give him a call if you need anything.

@RumRunner
@Road_Clam

Thanks for the heads up, i'm good, all the more for those of you that need it more than me. Grab all you can afford. Swiss is very hit or miss and it's what you want for the best BPCR precision.

Screenshot (4).png

Hunters rendezvous is open. I just left. He’ll be putting in a black powder order on Monday if anyone is interested or needs something

I drove by there a couple of hours ago. They looked open. I might go back now that Sheldon is gone.
They are, I bought some yesterday.
They will be ordering more BP next week if you need any.

I think the Ruger #1 they have has been sitting there since the last time I was there, which before yesterday, was over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom